Amari Garden

Suradit69

When I've looked on websites or paper maps there seems to be interchangeable references to Amari Ocean, Amari Orchid, Amari Garden and Amari Resort. When driving from Pattaya Nua through to Beach Rd, I think I've seen an entrance directly opposite to the Dusit Thani with signage "Amari Resort."

Specific directions on how to end up at the Amari Garden would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Tavern by the Sea will soon be demolished. Get in while you can.

According to the expats club that holds its meetings there:

"At the Sunday January 29 meeting, Roy Albiston, Chairman of the Governing Board, announced that Amari will be making some changes which includes demolishing the Tavern by the Sea Restaurant, our meeting place of many years.  Our last meeting at the Tavern, will be March 26, 2017."

Once, I walked through the garden grounds with pool and it was very spacious, private, and quiet.  Tastefully done.  Of course, the Amari tower is nicely done.(And should be with the prices they charge.)  One thing I  could never figure out was when Mantra restaurant was built why the architect  didn't focus on having the restaurant on the second floor, (ground floor could have been for parking or offices), so one could have a view of the sea; after all , Pattaya Bay is very lovely to view at night with the city lights reflecting on the bay. Instead, it is a ground level building that could have been built in the middle of a city. 

If tavern by the sea is going to be torn down, I wonder what will take its place?