240 people drown in two migrant tragedies off Libyan coast

webfact

6 minutes ago, ElPatron said:

Seriously, are you really from this world?

Social development in africa? redistribution of the foreign owned companies to the local? Democracy in Africa?You 've never been to an African country obviously.

One part of the solution is to make sure there is less wars in their countries, don't you think? Maybe stop meddling with government, fomenting and funding opposition groups just because the governments in place are not the way the USA and Europe like?

Irak? disaster, Lybia? disaster, Syria? disaster...

For african countries, if the benefits of the exploitation of the rich soil was invested in the countries they take it from instead of giving most of it to the share holders in US and Europe it will help the african feel good at home and give them hope..

Of course that would mean less profit for the westerners, less puppet governments, less wars by proxies...less weapon selling business...but all what I say is probably a figment of my imagination and in fact the companies in Africa are all for the local population...nope

Giving locals more money will end corruption and exploitation, says poster.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Giving locals more money will end corruption and exploitation, says poster.

Taking all back home and letting them with nothing, except crude oil spilling and other things like this is better say poster..Better take it all and let them all struggle...

I see you re complaining of not having constructive answers, but when I give you some you re just trolling..Good job!

Edited by ElPatron

1 minute ago, ElPatron said:

Taking all abroad and letting them with nothing, except crude oil spilling and other things like this is better say the poster..who obvisously has no ideas except ranting

The ranting on these topics is all yours. Repeatedly. It gets worse when flaws in "argument" are pointed out. Then the insults come in.

I haven't made a comment which says anything like "Taking all abroad and letting them with nothing, except crude oil spilling and other things like this is better".

Troll on.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

The ranting on these topics is all yours. Repeatedly. It gets worse when flaws in "argument" are pointed out. Then the insults come in.

I haven't made a comment which says anything like "Taking all abroad and letting them with nothing, except crude oil spilling and other things like this is better".

Troll on.

You had no arguments to oppose my point of view, you re just complaining one more time, in fact the only thing you re doing is just trolling.. So if you have better answers to give me go for it, especially about africa and solution to prevent migration...

"

One part of the solution is to make sure there is less wars in their countries, don't you think? Maybe stop meddling with government, fomenting and funding opposition groups just because the governments in place are not the way the USA and Europe like?

For african countries, if the benefits of the exploitation of the rich soil was invested in the countries they take it from instead of giving most of it to the share holders in US and Europe it will help the african feel good at home and give them hope..

Of course that would mean less profit for the westerners, less puppet governments, less wars by proxies...less weapon selling business

otherwise go back to the topics you have real input in and let the big guys do the talking.. 

Edited by ElPatron

1 hour ago, ElPatron said:

Seriously, are you really from this world?

Social development in africa? redistribution of the foreign owned companies to the local? Democracy in Africa?You 've never been to an African country obviously.

Of course that would mean less profit for the westerners, less puppet governments, less wars by proxies...less weapon selling business...but all what I say is probably a figment of my imagination and in fact the companies in Africa are all for the local population...nope

Colonial patronage has a huge positive legacy in terms of infrastructure, institutions, and technology transfer (especially if is British, ahem). Left to themselves, they just squabble and lapse into dictatorships. I have been to Africa.

Basically, you agree with me that social and economic development is necessary in the long term to deal with migration, but we need a solution in the immediate term. Mine is to impose on them (forcibly if necessary) a sense of responsibility for their own development, and wean them off the sense of entitlement and dependency on other countries that has become like a huge cargo cult. The west will provide economic and technical aid, of course, as it always has.

Compassion is all very cute, but it's kinder to be firm when dealing with this problem.

Edited by ddavidovsky

16 hours ago, ElPatron said:

I bet the aboriginals wished they thought of this law before 

Then they may still be rubbing sticks together to make fire. They hadn't even invented the wheel to the Europeans landed. Migration is healthy for the world to progress forward. There just needs to be [ particularity these days ] strict laws about who can migrate, when, where and how they can migrate. Jumping on an overloaded vessel and travelling illegally towards/ into another country is not the way to do it.