Yaris or Mirage or March ?

sunny747

8 hours ago, balo said:

I think OP is looking for an ECO friendly small car and the prices are much lower , 300-500k range . Nothing wrong with Japanese cars, I have been driving them all my life. 

No cars with a modern gasoline engine is more ECO friendly than another.  One has  a 1.2 liter engine, another has a 1.6 liter. Do you think it matters? CO2 emissions on paper might be a few grams different ;)

Nothing wrong with J-cars, they are just boring, rattle sounds after one week on the road. I've had Toyotas and Hondas. After my first BMW, I never looked back. Thats for sure :)

Edited by mortenaa

On 11/8/2016 at 10:23 AM, sunny747 said:

it is also annoying to see they don't offer top models on manual gears. 

Don't feel bad about that, because you pay a fortune for top models (with original accessories).

You can get all the "after market" accessories you like; in better quality and for half the price.

Case in point: Toyota Yaris models range from 460,000 Baht to 600,000 Baht (Eco, J, E and G). It's the same chassis, engine and CVT gearbox. I bought the J model for my daughter, because she could not live without electric windows!. For the extra 40,000 Baht from the Eco and J model, we got a crappy stereo and wheel caps.

When I see a new car or pickup with full options; I think it's because they got it all on the car loan, and don't have any cash to do it after?.     

thanks for the suggestions. i'm leaning towards suzuki swift and will wait till motor show in dec to check for any promotion. GL/MT is good price just 480k THB. I also like yaris a lot but manual gear version is little expensive with very average interior perks. 

I'll mostly drive in Bangkok hence looking for eco. occasionally i may go for long drive perhaps to samui or chiang mai from bkk. now this is where my concern, can swift take the long drive in hot sun without engine heat and other problems ?  

thanks

4 hours ago, lj cm said:

Don't feel bad about that, because you pay a fortune for top models (with original accessories).

You can get all the "after market" accessories you like; in better quality and for half the price.

Case in point: Toyota Yaris models range from 460,000 Baht to 600,000 Baht (Eco, J, E and G). It's the same chassis, engine and CVT gearbox. I bought the J model for my daughter, because she could not live without electric windows!. For the extra 40,000 Baht from the Eco and J model, we got a crappy stereo and wheel caps.

When I see a new car or pickup with full options; I think it's because they got it all on the car loan, and don't have any cash to do it after?.     

A lot of the equipment that comes with proper cars and top of the range trucks & SUVs isn't available at Somchai's Car Emporium unless he's started selling roll-over mitigation packages and radar controlled cruise control.

5 hours ago, mortenaa said:

No cars with a modern gasoline engine is more ECO friendly than another.  One has  a 1.2 liter engine, another has a 1.6 liter. Do you think it matters? CO2 emissions on paper might be a few grams different ;)

Nothing wrong with J-cars, they are just boring, rattle sounds after one week on the road. I've had Toyotas and Hondas. After my first BMW, I never looked back. Thats for sure :)

How many kms on your bmw's? My honda still doesn't rattle after 240k kms.....there' should be no problems if  car is well maintained.  

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

How many kms on your bmw's? My honda still doesn't rattle after 240k kms.....there' should be no problems if  car is well maintained.  

How do you maintain all the plastic interior? Brand new Altis rattle. Maybe Honda is a bit better, but my civic had rattle.

8 hours ago, lj cm said:

Many people could afford 600k for the top of the range Yaris, although I've no idea why they buy this kind of car, unless they are a young or old lady.

I just looked a the specifications for Swift, Mirage and March with manual gear.
The Swift does not have ABS, Mirage has and the E model of March has. 

You're looking at an out of date spec sheet because all models in the Swift range have ABS.

http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/_files/product/pdf/catalogue-swift.pdf

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

36 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

You're looking at an out of date spec sheet because all models in the Swift range have ABS.

http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/_files/product/pdf/catalogue-swift.pdf

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Number 1 and 3 are the manual gear models:

SwiftManual.JPG

Or the link you specify is outdated?

Edited by lj cm
question

36 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I was looking at the botton of the page where it mentions ABS & EBD, but you could be right. The Swift is still incomparably better.

OK; got it. And it would be strange to have EBD without ABS.

12 hours ago, mortenaa said:

How do you maintain all the plastic interior? Brand new Altis rattle. Maybe Honda is a bit better, but my civic had rattle.

I've no idea but I don't have any interior rattles. This is the 2004 ES model. These days I try not let mechanics touch it (I don't drive it much now). It always seems to come back with more problems after they've been working on it. 

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

I've no idea but I don't have any interior rattles. This is the 2004 ES model. These days I try not let mechanics touch it (I don't drive it much now). It always seems to come back with more problems after they've been working on it. 

Or find a reliable mechanic that you trust. I've been using the same one for nearly 20 years. 

since this is my first time buying  a new car in TH, need some suggestions of what sort of free goodies shall i negotiate for ? for suzuki swift they offered me 10k THB discount , free 1 year first class insurance , film and that's it. 

is there anything i'm missing that i should ask for ? 

thanks

1 hour ago, sunny747 said:

since this is my first time buying  a new car in TH, need some suggestions of what sort of free goodies shall i negotiate for ? for suzuki swift they offered me 10k THB discount , free 1 year first class insurance , film and that's it. 

thanks

Carpet mats, rear spoiler, umbrella...

Don't they have a glass cabinet with goodies you can beg for?

7 hours ago, sunny747 said:

thanks

Margins are pretty thin for these inexpensive cars....I don't even recall getting the insurance 3 years ago. I did buy the sports pedals and those plastic rain guards for the windows...you could try to get those, and the rear trunk plastic floor insert is useful to keep the carpet dry if wet stuff goes in the trunk. If you go to the motor expo early December there are loads of accessory stalls selling stuff too. 

Did you also look at the suzuki ciaz? It's as big as a honda city and seems more upmarket than the swift. The GL manual version is 523K baht and has twin airbgs/abs (480K for the swift).

Edited by DavisH

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 10:23 AM, sunny747 said:

thank you so much. word of wisdom in your post. surely will help me to purchase suzuki. right at this moment, i'm leaning towards swift manual gear . I may pull the trigger this coming december and would like to check the motorshow for promotions. 

it is also annoying to see they don't offer top models on manual gears. 

You'll get strong calf muscles in your left leg driving a manual in Bangkok. Go for an automatic.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sunny747 said:

Hi all i think im going for suzuki swift. Good 0% interest . 

Does anybody know any farang friendly spoiler/skirt shop around bkk ? I can get these from suzuki showroom but i have a feeling they are over charging .

Thanks 

Sunny 

Try here: Triple P AUTO-SHOP  they are on facebook. Or here : http://www.suzukiswiftclub.com/index.php?topic=9935.0

Yes the genuine suzuki body kit is expensive. 

Edited by DavisH