Human Rights lawyer: "Nott" completely in the wrong" Sue him!

webfact

14 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Surely, since BMW bought Mini since then.

All the new Mini's for around the last 15 years or so have been from BMW - and yes, I think the price did drop after BMW introduced new import arrangements, as the first 'new' Minis in Thailand were very expensive.

The bigger Countryman in 4X4 Cooper D spec is around 2.5 million Baht, and it's based on the BMW X1 SUV platform.

1 hour ago, Familyonthemove said:

I'll be the first to admit that my 'evidence' is a bit sketchy - but a friend at work knows someone who knows the motorcyclist's family, and apparently a taxi did a U-Turn in front of the bike and that caused him to make contact with the Mini Countryman (need to be careful how I type Countryman - wouldn't want to drop the 'o'').  He then stopped his bike and was going to speak to the driver when he was grabbed and assaulted.

A taxi doing a U-turn without warning sounds highly plausible  .... and if the bike rider hadn't stopped, how did the driver catch up with him?

Whatever happened immediately before the video - I can't imagine it will lessen the implications of what happened next. 

Let me get this right, you know someone who knows someone  who knows the family.  so family, someone to someone to you to us is 5th hand info.

5 hours ago, noitom said:

Thais are palavering all over about this incident but I've seen no comment regarding the Thai motorcyclist doing a "Thai accident run" as reported in the news story. Not that that makes the assault on him any better, but geez Thais, somewhere along the line hit and runners in Thailand must be punished severely.

And you conveniently fail to mention the rest of the story. Suggest you go back to the first reporting and get the rest of the details.

16 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Let me get this right, you know someone who knows someone  who knows the family.  so family, someone to someone to you to us is 5th hand info.

And all of that is already reported directly in the news media, so get over he said she said 5th hand.

5 hours ago, Pib said:

The motorcycle driver definitely was in the wrong by bumping into the car and then running off....but he did come back.

And then the car driver began his wrong doing which was far, far worst by losing his temper (road rage) and assaulting the motorcycle driver.  

The motorcycle driver should be penalized for hitting the car and I think it was reported he didn't have the minimum level of motorcycle insurance required (surprise--NOT!).  OK penalize him for that which would probably be a fine of X-amount and cost to repair the car.

At the same time charge the car driver for assault which is a criminal charge. 

And then let the two sue each other in civil court if they desire....and I'm sure the motorcycle driver has a far, far better chance of winning his civil suit while the car driver's case would probably be dismissed.

Thank you Perry.

6 hours ago, Pib said:

The motorcycle driver definitely was in the wrong by bumping into the car and then running off....but he did come back.

And then the car driver began his wrong doing which was far, far worst by losing his temper (road rage) and assaulting the motorcycle driver.  

The motorcycle driver should be penalized for hitting the car and I think it was reported he didn't have the minimum level of motorcycle insurance required (surprise--NOT!).  OK penalize him for that which would probably be a fine of X-amount and cost to repair the car.

At the same time charge the car driver for assault which is a criminal charge. 

And then let the two sue each other in civil court if they desire....and I'm sure the motorcycle driver has a far, far better chance of winning his civil suit while the car driver's case would probably be dismissed.

Thanks.... I was having so much trouble with the what notts and so forths, that I simply could nott figure out what had happened

your post has been most helpful.... again...thanks.

6 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

It would be good if Nott was administered some concrete therapy by someone unimpressed with his "status"

True. Im thinking a "10 inch" nigerian sharing room in the monkey house would be a great therapist...

.....there is a long list of people....that behave out of the law......

...just by virtue of their position or title....or that of one of their parents....

....the video should be enough evidence...and he should have been arrested already...

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

In Bangkok traffic it is hardly surprising that motorbikes (actually lets call them mopeds because that is really what they are), regularly rub against cars and leave either scratches or black scuff marks from the rubber or plastic parts on the moped.

If every time that happened traffic had to stop while the car owner and the moped rider discussed whether the scuff could be cleaned off or the scratch buffed out then Bangkok would come to a standstill.

Basically if you drive a car in Bangkok you should just accept that mopeds are going to ding your car every time you drive in heavy traffic.   9 time out of 10 there is no visible sign of the touch anyway.

oh  well thats ok then, im  glad  youve  cleared  that  up  for  us

5 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

You have no clue about this lawyer,so better save your unqualfied remarks.

Indeed. It's ironic that the infamous mushroom pickers' case is still brought up in threads as a sign of injustice, yet the very person who fought on their behalf is bashed on this one.

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Indeed. It's ironic that the infamous mushroom pickers' case is still brought up in threads as a sign of injustice, yet the very person who fought on their behalf is bashed on this one.

But... but.... aren't the mushy folk still awaiting their death sentence?

On 11/8/2016 at 5:56 PM, kannot said:

oh  well thats ok then, im  glad  youve  cleared  that  up  for  us

Yes it would be nice if there was never an accident or a bump.

One factor to remember (just my opinion) motorcycle taxis, mc messengers, etc., etc., are part of the business / transport lifeblood of Bangkok. They can weave their way more quickly through the traffic and especially when the cars and buses are just sitting there, they often deliver goods, documents, passengers much more quickly (and much more cheaply) than other vehicles. 

On 11/8/2016 at 8:47 PM, shadmo63 said:

The gf says the taxi story is false, and that Nott got 3 or 4 good punches in before the recording started. And that if it was her son she'd be angry he didn't punch back.

More second hand information. How does your gf know for sure that the 'taxi story' is false?

Some folks are anti-violence and that's their right, in fact the world would be a better place if violence as a way to solve things was rejected more.  In some cases people have become ant-violence because of earlier violence experiences, especially folks who have seen active service in wars.

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

More second hand information. How does your gf know for sure that the 'taxi story' is false?

Some folks are anti-violence and that's their right, in fact the world would be a better place if violence as a way to solve things was rejected more.  In some cases people have become ant-violence because of earlier violence experiences, especially folks who have seen active service in wars.

Yes, more secondhand information. So what? Isn't that a staple of TV? I was merely presenting an alternative viewpoint to the one being presented here on TV. She is often correct when I ask her about news, issues, assumptions, stories and outright lies which sometimes fill up TV. She gets her information through Thai sources rather than our sometimes limited English language ones. There is so much inaccurate information spread around on social media that it is essential to check multiple sources before accepting something as fact. The gf is one of my sources.