No New Year's party on Khaosan Road, say business operators

webfact

No New Year's party on Khaosan Road, say business operators

By Coconuts Bangkok 

khaosan_2.jpg

Photo: Clayton Douglas/ Flickr

BANGKOK: -- Despite being Bangkok's most famous place to party, there won't be a New Year's celebration on Khaosan Road this year.

Sanga Ruengwattakul, Adviser to the Khaosan Road Business Association, said that the business operators have voted not to hold the Loy Krathong and New Year's Eve parties this year in order to show respect for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who passed away on Oct. 13.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/11/08/no-new-years-party-khaosan-road-say-business-operators

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-11-09

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Admin

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wasn't going to be going there and as I am an old codger, I will be in bed early. I am glad that this has been announced early so that there are no disappointments.

I too am pleased that you have announced this early. As I would have been very disappointed to have waited up for your arrival, only to find out later that you had gone to bed early.

25 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I too am pleased that you have announced this early. As I would have been very disappointed to have waited up for your arrival, only to find out later that you had gone to bed early.

I could change my mind, I might stay up late.:smile: Please don't wait up though, as you enjoy yourself and don't worry about me. I will be fine, enjoying my own little New Years Eve celebrations.

As long as the bars are allowed to play music, i dont see the big deal?! Music, a few drinks and happy company: Khao San'ers will have their own party! What I wonder more about: what about all the 5star hotels, with their minimum stay and their compulsory NY- dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The backpackers don't mind at all - they are happy to stay in their luxury hotels on the KhaoSan road and avail themselves of the Michelin restaurants and bars in-house, plus the in room entertainment system with all the 50 TV channels, pay movies and free high speed internet connection.