Presidential Election 2016 Results Live Stream | ABC News

webfact

All eyes on Michigan and Pennsylvania (48% C/48% T - 96% counted).

edit: Pennsylvania just went to 49% T, 97% counted. That's 20 electoral votes in play.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, SimpleChap said:

As it is seems that many were wrong about the election prognosis, probably they are wrong about other things related as well.

I might be, only thing we can do is wait and see.. but it looks clear that he is going to win. 

fivethirtyeight.com, 1 minute ago:

HARRY ENTEN 12:50 AM

The Clinton campaign is basically hanging on by a thread at this point. She needs to pull out Michigan and Pennsylvania and then hit one of two scenarios: 1. Win Alaska and New Hampshire or 2. win Arizona. That’s going to be extremely difficult. It’s not impossible, but it’s a straight, if not royal, flush.

Edited by tropo

Have to blame the Democrats, not taking anything away from Trump. Even his party walked away.

But the democrats abandoned their base. Ignored the principles of Sanders and Biden, Hillary's Wall street affections and blue collar traditions. The entire democrat nomination system is bent. 

Hopefully Trump is a little more balanced in international affairs than some of his comments but it part of a global fluck you trend. 

Edited by optad

I've been telling people for about a week that Trump will win, but even so I feel sick in the stomach at the thought of what's to come.

One of my pension funds has already lost about $7.000 over recent weeks and I've just heard the Dow futures are predicting 800 points down!  Pension funds around the world will be feeling the pressure. I wonder how many of the supporters here rely on a stable stock market for their monthly stipends.

When he gets into office and starts to instigate some of his mad economic policies, the world financial systems will implode. My prediction is another global depression!

I don't like Hillary and do believe the system badly needs change, but America has chosen the wrong horse for the event! 

Edited by Old Croc

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

When he gets into office and starts to instigate some of his mad economic policies, the world financial systems will implode. My prediction is another global depression!

It's what this planet needs right now, or do you look forward to continuing fake good figures forever?

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've been telling people for about a week that Trump will win, but even so I feel sick in the stomach at the thought of what's to come.

One of my pension funds has already lost about $7.000 over recent weeks and I've just heard the Dow futures are predicting 800 points down!  Pension funds around the world will be feeling the pressure. I wonder how many of the supporters here rely on a stable stock market for their monthly stipends.

I don't like Hillary and do believe the system badly needs change, but America has chosen the wrong horse for the event! 

You're just scared of change, as is the stock market (and currency market). Don't shoot yourself yet.:D

2 minutes ago, SimpleChap said:

It's what this planet needs right now, or do you look forward to continuing fake good figures forever?

1 minute ago, tropo said:

You're just scared of change, as is the stock market (and currency market). Don't shoot yourself yet.:D

A couple of silly responses from some well named posters.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

the cnn panel seems to given up too…they are talking about his future policies and actions….not her chances.

when cnn throws in the towel, it must look really bad.

must be orders from the top to start sucking up to Mr Trump.

A couple of hours ago, well before a couple of the key states were decided, I noticed a change of tone in the voices of the CNN commentators. Their voices slowed down and became lower. They knew then that things were going very bad for their candidate.

That's when I knew the probably result.

13 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

A global recession is coming at some point but it will be because of too much debt, not too much Trump.

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

The New York Times wails:

uselection_zpsa3ba56ep.png

Sometimes negative events can be a catalyst for positive changes.

From fivethirtyeight.com:

CARL BIALIK 1:07 AM

Some States Are Trying To End The Electoral College

Hillary Clinton could still conceivably win the election — or she could lose the national popular vote. But since both outcomes look unlikely, we should start preparing ourselves for the possibility of the second split between the national popular vote and the electoral vote in the last five presidential elections. A coalition of 11 states with 165 electoral votes between them has agreed to an interstate compact that, once signed by states with a combined 270 or more electoral votes, would bind their electors to vote for the winner of the national popular vote — in effect ending the Electoral College. New York just joined this week. It wasn’t enough to affect this election, but maybe today’s result will spur more states to join.

Edited by tropo

3 minutes ago, shadmo63 said:

Someone should teach the Americans how to do polls. How can they get it so wrong? Down under they are usually accurate within 1% error.

Polls in the US aren't used to Guage public opinion. They are used by the media to effect the publics political behavoir

Edited by NovaBlue05