Nong Nooch entrance fee

andre47

I haven't been quite a while in the Nong Nooch garden village. Today I got there and I was shocked about the increased entrance fees. They are charging now 800 Baht for foreigners and 400 Baht for Thai people (including show program). I pay only the Thai price when I show my Thai driving licence but anyway the increase is huge. For normal Thai people it is more than a daily wage. Thank you to the Chinese tourists.... I'm sorry for the normal Thai people who cannot effort any longer to buy a ticket there. It is not OK.

And you can search their websites relentlessly and not find it listed. Once you are there and hit with the increases, your choices are pay up or disappoint all of your guests.

I know, because my wife and I recently got hammered when I took my son and his family there. After weeks of telling my grandkids what a wonderful place it is, there was simply no choice to to go ahead.

Hum... I don't know since when they increased their prices, but all websites that offer online registration for tourists still show a 410-450 baht price... ??

Also, I noticed that some of them offer a "full package" - that includes lunch - for 820-860 baht and I wonder what the OP really paid for?

I will try to check the (new?) price soon.

Edit: By exemple THB 439.20 on AsiaTravel.com:

http://packages.asiatravel.com/packagebooking/package.search.aspx?lan=en-US&pid=504420

Edited by Pattaya46

41 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I think it's a safe bet that a bus-load of Chinese tourists does not pay 800B each.

They may think of it that way, but rest assured the tour operators aren't paying that kind of money. The flimflam style of operators is appalling and drove away the Korean and Japanese tourists. Flimflam just came to mind. I'm not even sure what it means? Suffice to say or course, well never mind. God Bless You and OO.

41 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The last time i went they wouldn't give me the thai price even with my thai driving licence. I just turned around and left.

That's not good.

When exactly was this ?

Nong Nooch,    could be off the places,   i take people that come to visit.

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hum... I don't know since when they increased their prices, but all websites that offer online registration for tourists still show a 410-450 baht price... ??

Also, I noticed that some of them offer a "full package" - that includes lunch - for 820-860 baht and I wonder what the OP really paid for?

I will try to check the (new?) price soon.

Edit: By exemple THB 439.20 on AsiaTravel.com:

http://packages.asiatravel.com/packagebooking/package.search.aspx?lan=en-US&pid=504420

You can really believe me. I was there yesterday. They have a large board showing the prices. Unfortunately I didn't make a photo.

in English:

800 Baht per adult

400 Baht per child

No Thai prices are shown. I paid 400 per adult and 250 per child with Thai driving licence. I also couldn't believe that the price is so high and I showed the old price from the internet to the gatekeeper. He laughed and said that they just didn't update the price in the internet. 

Edited by andre47

2 hours ago, Petesie80 said:

The usual story...we have less visitors so lets double the price instead...grrr. :post-4641-1156693976:

In the present case it's really not the case! They have extended their big-bus parkings several times and they are still too small. So it would be more like increasing the entry price to limit/reduce the number of visitors! ;)

A 100% increase is a hard change. :(

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is a great show now with much upgraded venues.  If one cannot afford it, then don't go.

What a thing to say. :bah:

But here we go,

I think after 15 years of taking people there

its not so nice an experience  as it was a few years back.

To  many,  people,  the  whole experience seems to a be a rush now

so if the price has gone up in price. ( has it ) ?

Stuff the place.  it's  is not that special any more,   for me to take friend to.

There are other places in town now days

or very close to get to  by car.

Always vote with your feet in this town.

Edited by onemorechang

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

In the present case it's really not the case! They have extended their big-bus parkings several times and they are still too small. So it would be more like increasing the entry price to limit/reduce the number of visitors! ;)

A 100% increase is a hard change. :(

Yes, but now after they stopped the 0-dollar Tours the number of Chinese visitors will drop significant.

19 hours ago, onemorechang said:

What a thing to say. :bah:

But here we go,

I think after 15 years of taking people there

its not so nice an experience  as it was a few years back.

To  many,  people,  the  whole experience seems to a be a rush now

so if the price has gone up in price. ( has it ) ?

Stuff the place.  it's  is not that special any more,   for me to take friend to.

There are other places in town now days

or very close to get to  by car.

Always vote with your feet in this town.

When was the last time you were there?  The experience is much better now.  Before, you were sitting on the ground in a crowd in the heat with a no aircon open cover. The smell was terrible.  Now, the first part of the show is in a new aircon huge auditorium.  I have never seen the place full.  Then, the elephant show is in a new facility and the show is much improved and fun watching them play soccer and shoot basketball. 

I can understand the increase in cost with these improvements.

It is a fun place to spend several hours and I think decent value entertainment for the price.  Definitely take guests and kids who come to town.

Edited by bkk6060

21 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

When was the last time you were there?  The experience is much better now.  Before, you were sitting on the ground in a crowd in the heat with a no aircon open cover. The smell was terrible.  Now, the first part of the show is in a new aircon huge auditorium.  I have never seen the place full.  Then, the elephant show is in a new facility and the show is much improved and fun watching them play soccer and shoot basketball. 

I can understand the increase in cost with these improvements.

It is a fun place to spend several hours and I think decent value entertainment for the price.  Definitely take guests and kids who come to town.

About 9 months ago,  and if they have decided to up the price for us

long term residents,  they can sod off.

Sriracha  Tiger zoo was just as good,  also have crocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and other stuff for kids to look at. Elephant show is more funny as well.

you also don't have to see an elephant ride a tricycle,  not so good .

in my book.

So there you go. :jap:

10 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I refuse to visit any "attraction'" in Thailand that uses animals as part of a show of any type.

That's fair enough.

Maybe i should do the same,   not sure right now.

if the animals are not miss treated ,   don' t see  what the problem is.

Maybe its an outdated thing a zoo,  not sure.

Edited by onemorechang

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I refuse to visit any "attraction'" in Thailand that uses animals as part of a show of any type.

I've only ever been to two attractions with animals as the marketing feature in LOS and both times I was thoroughly disgusted at what I witnessed.  Actually made me ashamed to be human.

Oh, I should have added that I've been to Dusit Zoo and that was a nice afternoon out and partially restored my faith in how Thais treat animals.

2 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

...... if the animals are not miss treated .......

I dont think it is possible to be sure of this in Thailand. Either way, I dont think that animals like elephants and tigers enjoy participating in such shows, not to mention other rare and endangered species. They should be left in peace in their natural environment, and encouraged to multiply there.

I agree about the mention of using of animals to make a profit, disheartening..  FYI the entrance fee for Thais without any show is  only150 baht, I managed to get the Thai price but I had to pull a few strings (or teeth.)  Whoever said they could not get in with the Thai price with a Thai drivers license did not talk to the right people.  That is really all it takes for most places including under water world and Ripley's, or so I have been told again and again by the staff.  

11 hours ago, peeba7 said:

I agree about the mention of using of animals to make a profit, disheartening..  FYI the entrance fee for Thais without any show is  only150 baht, I managed to get the Thai price but I had to pull a few strings (or teeth.)  Whoever said they could not get in with the Thai price with a Thai drivers license did not talk to the right people.  That is really all it takes for most places including under water world and Ripley's, or so I have been told again and again by the staff.  

Who are the "right people", i could only talk to the guy at the ticket booth.

On 11/13/2016 at 6:20 AM, andre47 said:

You can really believe me. I was there yesterday. They have a large board showing the prices. Unfortunately I didn't make a photo.

in English:

800 Baht per adult

400 Baht per child

No Thai prices are shown. I paid 400 per adult and 250 per child with Thai driving licence. I also couldn't believe that the price is so high and I showed the old price from the internet to the gatekeeper. He laughed and said that they just didn't update the price in the internet. 

Google "Nong Nooch" and you will find Hotels2Thailand advertising packages,for the entrance plus the 2 shows if you book with them it costs just around 365 baht/person including tax.....I did this last month and at this price its worth it......800 baht no way.

Of course booking this way may not be convenient for all as the tickets are pre-booked and not refundable,there is a separate kiosk at the park for pre-bookers :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago did the package tour with friend who came over for visit. Had a good enough time

However, when Jomtien Beach "improvements" took place, noticed all the barriers etc had Nong Nooch on them. That was such a travesty, slipshod and environmental screw up that promised myself "never again" go there.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:28 AM, Emster23 said:

Several years ago did the package tour with friend who came over for visit. Had a good enough time

However, when Jomtien Beach "improvements" took place, noticed all the barriers etc had Nong Nooch on them. That was such a travesty, slipshod and environmental screw up that promised myself "never again" go there.

Up to you :smile: