Avoid Ramkhamhaeng Tuesday Due To Thai-Aussie Football Clash

webfact

Avoid Ramkhamhaeng Tuesday Due To Thai-Aussie Football Clash

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

5398478446_08b89c6fce_o.jpg

Photo: Pittaya / Flickr

BANGKOK — A World Cup qualifier hits Rajamangala National Stadium on Tuesday and commuters are advised to avoid the area in the evening unless they’re among the tens of thousands of football fans going to the match.

Thailand faces Australia starting at 7pm for the possibility of going to Russia in 2018. More than 50,000 people are expected to attend the game, according to Lt. Col. Rangsan Bamrung of Hua Mak traffic police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2016/11/14/avoid-ramkhamhaeng-tuesday-due-thai-aussie-football-clash/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-15

1 hour ago, Somebodee said:

Oh no in the year of the mourning. Get ready for another display of australian culture lol.

Actually most Australians are appalled by the culture of soccer fans.  The only time you ever hear of soccer in Australia is about the violence that the uncivilised morons display.  Soccer isn't a big sport in Australia, it doesn't even get television coverage so I don't think you will have to worry about aussies flocking to Thailand for a stupid soccer game.

35 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Actually most Australians are appalled by the culture of soccer fans.  The only time you ever hear of soccer in Australia is about the violence that the uncivilised morons display.  Soccer isn't a big sport in Australia, it doesn't even get television coverage so I don't think you will have to worry about aussies flocking to Thailand for a stupid soccer game.

I think you must have been away from OZ for some time now Chook. The national soccer competition is on free-to-air tv every week and the women's soccer is also televised.

I will be staying up to watch the Thai/Aust match tonight.

A women's soccer match between two Sydney teams out rated the wallabies on TV last weekend. Tens of thousands go to world cups. Its the most played sport in the country. Thechook you have been outside of the country too long.

Anyway, the FFA has sent out emails and messages on social media warning Australian supporters to show the upmost respect. Reading the newspaper, the FFA have also organised a fan engagement manager to hand out black arm bands and ribbons.

Edited by Schillaci

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I think you must have been away from OZ for some time now Chook. The national soccer competition is on free-to-air tv every week and the women's soccer is also televised.

I will be staying up to watch the Thai/Aust match tonight.

Staying up?

The match will finish before 9:00pm. What time do you usually retire to bed, Doc? :post-4641-1156694572:

2 hours ago, Schillaci said:

A women's soccer match between two Sydney teams out rated the wallabies on TV last weekend. Tens of thousands go to world cups. Its the most played sport in the country. Thechook you have been outside of the country too long.

Anyway, the FFA has sent out emails and messages on social media warning Australian supporters to show the upmost respect. Reading the newspaper, the FFA have also organised a fan engagement manager to hand out black arm bands and ribbons.

Not surprising anyone preferring to watch a ladies soccer match than the Wallabies. Hardly much of a team these days. Beat a poor Wales and very lucky against a fast improving but still lowly ranked Scotland. Mumms could probably get a game in the ladies league with his "hardman" histrionics though.

A fan engagement manager handing out arm bands - expecting a large fan turnout then? Hope he check them for inappropriate designed underwear!

I hope the Australians can refrain from their usual "colorful" behavior and show some respect for the the Thai people in their sadness. 

I am surprised that this match had a high-number attendance. Firstly, it is still the mourning period. Secondly, before this match Thailand had lost all of their first four matches in the group, and had virtually lost all hope of qualifying.

Anyway, Australia were heavy favorites to win this match but it ended 2-2. This could be a big blow for Australia's chances but I still think they will qualify.