US issues warning over possible terror attacks in Europe over Christmas period

webfact

US issues warning over possible terror attacks in Europe over Christmas period

606x341_350360.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- The US state department has warned its citizens of the increased risk of terrorist attacks in Europe over the holiday period.

While European authorities are said to have stepped up security at Christmas markets and other outdoor events due to fears they may become a terror target, the travel advisory by the US state department said it remained concerned about the potential for further strikes.

The alert noted attacks had been carried out in Belgium France, Germany and Turkey in the past year.

Gunda Kniep, the manager of one Christmas market in Berlin said: “I think it’s impossible to do more than what we’re doing. Risk can never be ruled out but my hope is that our square in Berlin will not be the focus. At least that’s my hope.”

On Monday, French authorities disclosed they had arrested seven suspects in the cities of Strasbourg and Marseille, saying they had foiled a long-standing terror plot.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-23

The US state department is rather late to the party here. On this forum we were warning of attacks before the gates were flung open, and the European countries naval fleets being used as free aquatic limousines. 

Would it be fair to say that a terrorist spectacular will be on the mind of every Christmas shopper in any European city that has new migrant arrivals? If not, it should.

23 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I think such a warning could be given for any period in Europe...they should just issue a blanket terror alert and travel warning for the entire EU all the time.

The warning is a specific heightened threat to cover the Christmas period. Think Jihadi spectacular.

France is still and has just extended its '' State of Emergency ''

The rest of the EU is under varying decrees of raised security.

There will be no end to it, sadly.

political correct or not - why not remove anybody who from their ethnicity, religion or behavior might be a terror risk?

Their are peoples in that region who have been living their for centuries without terror attacks from their side. They need protection

Edited by sweatalot

11 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

political correct or not - why not remove anybody who from their ethnicity, religion or behavior might be a terror risk?

Their are peoples in that region who have been living their for centuries without terror attacks from their side. They need protection

Lets just say that all of these, and more that I do not list will have an impact.

1. PC Bullcrap

2. Human Rights Brigade

3. Human Right Lawyers

4. Where do you remove home grown problems to.

5. A fear of provoking other problems.

On the other hand, if you are suggesting a massive, or a series of massive, purpose built Gitmo style residences that can be used for the purpose of protection of life.

I agree with you and the sooner they get building, the better it will be for everyone's safety.

19 minutes ago, Bantex said:

US issues warning over possible terror attacks!

Are they also going to issue a warning stating that there may not be terrorist attacks to hedge their bets and guarantee they are right or way or another.

I think that issuing a statement saying that they may not be terrorist attacks but perpetrated by individuals, who are not not known to security services, but have mental health issues, but all other details will remain secret.

Would be classed as hedging their bets :thumbsup::thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I think that issuing a statement saying that they may not be terrorist attacks but perpetrated by individuals, who are not not known to security services, but have mental health issues, but all other details will remain secret.

Would be classed as hedging their bets :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If someone (either known or unknown to security services) commits an act of terror they are by definition a terrorist. 

Other media reports list the US warning as being possible terrorist attacks.

This is merely media word play.

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

I know a guy with a funny mustache who based his political actions on the same idea you have.

46 minutes ago, Bantex said:

If someone (either known or unknown to security services) commits an act of terror they are by definition a terrorist. 

Other media reports list the US warning as being possible terrorist attacks.

This is merely media word play.

My sarcasm went over your head :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I think such a warning could be given for any period in Europe...they should just issue a blanket terror alert and travel warning for the entire EU all the time.

Another underground worker for TAT trying to steal tourists from EU shame on you.