Visa Run - Burma Via Pai

Hi people

I was thinking off a few days in Pai before a visit to the border to renew my visa next week

Has anyone done this run ?? if so any advice?? i think i will fly to Chang Mai then get the 4 hr bus across to Pai

I was wondering where the border was and time it would take to get there from Pai also is there public transport from Pai to border. Is there anything interesting at the border or close by??, maybe a few nights and a few days to look around or is it a get there and get out sort of place.

Any advice please would be great

Many Thanks :o

Hi people

I was thinking off a few days in Pai before a visit to the border to renew my visa next week

Has anyone done this run ?? if so any advice?? i think i will fly to Chang Mai then get the 4 hr bus across to Pai

I was wondering where the border was and time it would take to get there from Pai also is there public transport from Pai to border. Is there anything interesting at the border or close by??, maybe a few nights and a few days to look around or is it a get there and get out sort of place.

Any advice please would be great

Many Thanks :o

I've been to Pai a few times and certainly it's possible to do a border run from there. However, roads to/from Pai and windy and mountianous, so it takes quite some time to get from there to the border - it's probably quicker from Chiang Mai! I'm sure there's public transport, but most border runners in Pai seem to go with a shared minivan/taxi. Not sure several hours in the back of one of these on those roads would be much fun!

Artamus

The opening post is not clear. Do you mean that while you're in Pai, you'd like to find the nearest border crossing point? There are none, unless you go all the way down to Mae Sot, or over to Mae Sai.

I was going to stay in Pai for a few days (Holiday) then do my visa run while i was there (I reside in Bangkok)

So i guess the people who live in Pai go to Mae Sot and Mae Sai?? i have found both these towns / crossings on the map. Guess there is not much to do there

Maybe i will just go to Cambodia!!! i was just thinking of a trip back to Pai for a few days but maybe not with a boredr run to do!!