Limited Gym: Advice please

corkman

Hello Fitness Friends.

The gym at my condo is quite limited. I dont have the time or inclination to go to external "pay for" gym. So I've got to work with the tools I've got. Please see pictures.

Can anyone recommend a routine, online or otherwise, that I can do using this equipment.

My objective is general fitness and getting in shape. I don't need to get "ripped", just like to firm up and be a bit stronger.

I run alot and have a BMI of about 25-26. Cardio is covered. Just want a bit more of a balanced fitness regime.

Thanks in advance.

20161125_064521.jpg

20161125_064508.jpg

20161125_064455.jpg

20161125_064440.jpg

Hi the dumbell weights are just too low. So not of much use.

You can do pull ups on that one machine and a bit of chest on the other. But its just too limited to do much.

You can also do abs on that one machine and dips.

Sorry that i cant be of much help. One of the rules of gaining muscle is that you can increase load. Given the equipment there it will be hard to do.

I also dont see any cardio machine also important in lowering bodyfat.

Main thing is also you need to change your diet even in a perfect gym and working out great you cant outtrain a bad diet.

I take it your overweight that is probably because of your diet. That is why i made the previous remark about diet.

If you do not have heavy-ish weights then super sets are for you...As I have shoulder joint probs I have had to go that route, and it works for me.

For instance, tricep pulldown, use a weight where you can complete this..

Pull down, hold for five seconds, release slowly, repeat five times then do the same motion with no pause 10 times, so a total of 15 reps. Then relax for a minute or so, repeat the routine 4 times..

You can do this stuff with other muscles.

Trans

There is hardly any weight or machines there. The dumbells that i saw would not be heavier than 10 kg. If you look at the machine its a pec deck combined with bench press. I owned exactly that machine when i first got here.

It was not really useful, not heavy and the cables stretched during exercise

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Trans

There is hardly any weight or machines there. The dumbells that i saw would not be heavier than 10 kg. If you look at the machine its a pec deck combined with bench press. I owned exactly that machine when i first got here.

It was not really useful, not heavy and the cables stretched during exercise

Must improvise, fiddle around with what one has. Have done that where I go, they do scratch their heads...:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually tones myself up the last 3 months working out every other day. Iam no workout expert and  have about the same in my complex.  You can do at least 6 different exercises on that machine in the last photo.   Back, shoulders, lats, chest.  The dumbells you show are a high of 30 pounds which is actually an ok weight for curls if you are just looking for some toning doing multiple sets at high numbers.    

Archived