Pai - Heading There For A Few Days On Wednesday

mallmagician

Hi All,

Heading up to Pai on Wednesday, and thought I would throw a Pai (ahem!) discussion into the mix.

I've never been before, so would appreciate some advice:-

Nice Guesthouses? Any reccomendations? I would prefer something 500THB or less a night, and walking distance from a bar. Friendly atmosphere? Western style toilets? :D

Decent bars? Cheapest? Friendliest? I want to meet people! :D

Must see's?

Are there any TV members in Pai who would like to meet for a drink or 2?

Cheers in advance! :o

Phil

Edited by mallmagician

I would suggest that you book in advance of traveling, I hear it is heavily congested with tourists at the moment, accommodation is difficulty to find. There is a grand assortment of guesthouses and several hotels and a resort or two. A Google search for "Pai accommodation" will provide all the info you need. Also be aware that it is very cold in the mornings and evenings, much more so than Chiang Mai, so take your winter woolies with you.

Hope you make it, it's well worth the effort :o

Cheers

ill be in chiangrai, then head to chiang mai, and from there perhaps a couple of days in Pai :o nothing planned yet, perhaps you can then let me know of all the tips waiting to be posted here by our lovely thaivisa friends :D

(a little bit of flattery surely cant hurt? :D :D )

There are absolutely loads of Guest Houses in Pai you will be spoilt for choice. Cheap too. To meet people go to Ting Tong Bar, ask anyone where it is. I also recommend <deleted> Bar, which is about ten minutes walk out of town past the school. 50 Satang is also a great little bar - right close to the bus station.

Food is good all over Pai and it's good for vege's.

You can't really help but meet people as it's small you see the same people over again.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the inputs everybody. Going to be a bit late. Going on Friday now. Will let y'all know how I get on.

Thanks again

Phil

you will not be disapppointed with Pai,...there is lots of accommodation, in and out of town [large village, really]If you want to do a bit of sightseeing, rent a bike....several places doing that... If you arrive early enough, you can leave your gear at the bike shop, whilst you trundle around looking at guesthouses...and then collect your stuff later...

if you get here later, then just book into a nearby place,and if necessary, move the next day.

AND IT DOES GET COLD AFTER DARK....WOOLIES AND /OR COAT NEEDED...POSS. A HAT AS WELL!

may see you at the shisha bar...near the copshop....seek and ye shall find!