Where to find MSI (high-end/gaming) laptop power supply in CM?

Chris Pirazzi

Sigh, the power supply just went out for my MSI GT60 laptop, rendering it useless.  Bad timing too with the holiday on the 5th. 

Plus I am up in Pai so hoping to confirm stock by phone before I make the painful trip down.

Any best guesses who might have a power supply in stock and how to find their phone number? 

Most likely would be a shop focusing on high-end and/or gaming laptops that need a lot of power.

The official MSI rep in Thailand is SVOA on Mahidol road, but they are closed till Tuesday.

The power supply is a giant one, both electrically and physically.  It is a 19V 9.5A 180W power supply ("Delta Electronics Part Number ADP-180HB B" just like this one:DELETED

Here is one Computer Plaza shop I found which I will try, but I suspect they don't carry accessories in stock:DELETED

I found a lot of 19V laptop power supplies on Lazada but nothing even close to 180W.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Edited by seedy
LINK

Chris,  I was in a computer type plaza a few days ago and saw both a high powered gaming computer store and also a place selling just power packs.

It's next to where the old Icon Plaza was around the moat. That would be closer to the North West corner.

I think the Plaza in front is called Computer Plaza, well this one is behind it.

Can't guarantee they have what you need but it would be a starting point.  Pantip Plaza also had a shop just doing batteries and power packs but unsure if they are still there....2 or 3 floor from memory.

Should I go into town in the next few days I'll check out Icon plaza shop for your specs

Chris,

I had no luck in either Computer Plaza nor Icon IT.....however Pantip Plaza 2nd floor at a place called Power Battery do have an adaptor 19v 9.5A but unsure on the wattage.  Was quoted a price of 1990baht.

Don't know if that's good or bad....

1 hour ago, CMKiwi said:

Chris,

I had no luck in either Computer Plaza nor Icon IT.....however Pantip Plaza 2nd floor at a place called Power Battery do have an adaptor 19v 9.5A but unsure on the wattage.  Was quoted a price of 1990baht.

Wow, thanks a lot for checking!   Yes if it is 19V 9.5A then that is already good (the wattage is equal to voltage times amperage).

I will check with Power Battery!

1 hour ago, CMKiwi said:

Chris,

I was trying to find Power Battery but I can only locate one in Bangkok's Pantip Plaza ( newpowerbattery.com ), not Chiang Mai's Pantip Plaza.  Did you happen to get a number for Power Battery in Chiang Mai's Pantip Plaza?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Chris Pirazzi said:

I was trying to find Power Battery but I can only locate one in Bangkok's Pantip Plaza ( newpowerbattery.com ), not Chiang Mai's Pantip Plaza.  Did you happen to get a number for Power Battery in Chiang Mai's Pantip Plaza?

Thanks

Oh never mind I think I found it, though their website says floor 3 it seems to be floor 2 next to the escalator:

DELETED

Edited by seedy
LINK

Posts Edited - Forum Rule - 18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.