Thai Police Probe American Tourists Claims of Attempted Rape and Kidnapping by Man in Police Uniform

webfact

i was in a bar in Udon Thani last year lady (boss) asked if i would taste a cocktail the bargirl was making for a party later, and about thirty mins later i started to feel wrong, i paid my bin and got out of there i made it a 100 yards before i collapsed but managed to crawl into a building that was being renovated

i came to 6 hours later and made my way to my hotel. no police no going back to that bar as i had managed to get through unscathed, and why go to the police as often enough they own the bars,

these things happen in Thailand, although it might sound a bit strange there were people who did not believe me and i had had four drinks. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in a bar in Udon Thani last year lady (boss) asked if i would taste a cocktail the bargirl was making for a party later, and about thirty mins later i started to feel wrong, i paid my bin and got out of there i made it a 100 yards before i collapsed but managed to crawl into a building that was being renovated
i came to 6 hours later and made my way to my hotel. no police no going back to that bar as i had managed to get through unscathed, and why go to the police as often enough they own the bars,
these things happen in Thailand, although it might sound a bit strange there were people who did not believe me and i had had four drinks. 

Are you male or female?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What does the "unreported rapes going unreported" have to do with this story ? 

A rape didnt occur in this story, so I dont know why you are bringing that into the equation

Still not comprehending are you?

" Especially given due to a perceived shame, most rapes go unreported", is what I said, in support of the assertion that a women would be unlikely to make up a story about an attempt to rape her, as some here seem to believe.

also.... the media says she was on a dream vacation, to check off "the trip of a lifetime" from her "bucket list".... no mention of your earlier hypothesis that she was working her way around the world.

like I said... slow down and try to digest what's written.... saves looking the fool, later

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

" Especially given due to a perceived shame, most rapes go unreported", is what I said, in support of the assertion that a women would be unlikely to make up a story about an attempt to rape her, as some here seem to believe.

That just doesnt make sense . 

She clammed that she DIDNT get raped, so, why would she feel any perceived shame about NOT getting raped and so making up a story about it ?

You seem to be saying that she wouldnt make up a story claiming that she didnt get raped because of the perceived shame, whereas there is no perceived shame in not getting raped .

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

I can't think of a single reason that a women would tell the world that she had been abducted, and suffered an attempted rape, knowing that from America, there would be no prosecution of the crime.

It happens. Attention seeking, mental-emotional problems, drugs, alcohol problems any number of reasons. Without knowing the girl or having more facts and some witnesses, any judgments are pretty much useless. As it stands though with all the holes in the story, it's very hard to believe her.

Edited by Rob13

20 minutes ago, zoza said:

Thats another inconstancy with this story , people who get their drinks spiked are usually out for quite a long time , 6-10 hours , unconscious .

The lady in question came to her senses quite quickly and was able to fend of a potential rape attack, free herself from the ropes and escape . 

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Still not comprehending are you?

also.... the media says she was on a dream vacation, to check off "the trip of a lifetime" from her "bucket list".... no mention of your earlier hypothesis that she was working her way around the world.

like I said... slow down and try to digest what's written.... saves looking the fool, later

In the UK the majority of rapes that are reported and actually  go to trial do not result in a prosecution. Too many women make false or unsubstantiated accusations that do not survive scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That just doesnt make sense . 

She clammed that she DIDNT get raped, so, why would she feel any perceived shame about NOT getting raped and so making up a story about it ?

You seem to be saying that she wouldnt make up a story claiming that she didnt get raped because of the perceived shame, whereas there is no perceived shame in not getting raped .

You need to read the entire paragraph, to understand what I said, instead of taking a portion of the paragraph... actually, you need to read the entire post, for context purposes

Perhaps more simply.... what I am saying, is that I see no reason for her to make up such a story.... either it's true or not, right?

if true.... it's dispicable

if she's lying, she's selling her honor for ten k.... I don't know about you, but my honor is worth more than that, and my word is my bond.

it seems to me, that people making arguments denying that something happened, are the very reason that rapes (or attempted rapes or other forms of abuse) go unreported

understand this, or don't, but I'm done trying to explain a simple concept to you, as you've obviously decided she's a liar

16 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Perhaps more simply.... what I am saying, is that I see no reason for her to make up such a story.... either it's true or not, right?

How about this : She comes to Asia for the first time , doesnt like it here , hates it and is homesick and wants to go home .

She cannot change her flight because it would be expensive .

She makes up a story in order to make some money .

$ 3000 for a flight home, when they cost $700 ?

Setting up a gofund me page and saying that shes homesick and just wanted to go home wouldnt have received many donations .

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How about this : She comes to Asia for the first time , doesnt like it here , hates it and is homesick and wants to go home .

She cannot change her flight because it would be expensive .

She makes up a story in order to make some money .

$ 3000 for a flight home, when they cost $700 ?

Setting up a gofund me page and saying that shes homesick and just wanted to go home wouldnt have received many donations .

Lol... ok.... let's look at that

homesick when only on a two week dream vacation?

very thin... hanging in for a few extra days and watching tv in a hotel ain't that hard.... certainly easier than an elaborate plot to defraud donators, lie to loved ones and cause a scandal.... but hey... maybe

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Lol... ok.... let's look at that

homesick when only on a two week dream vacation?

very thin... hanging in for a few extra days and watching tv in a hotel ain't that hard.... certainly easier than an elaborate plot to defraud donators, lie to loved ones and cause a scandal.... but hey... maybe

The very thing happened to a friend of mine once . A group of lads went to Spain for a two week holiday , from the UK . One of the lads got so homesick that he booked himself a flight and flew home after two days .

I also recall when I first went to Asia , with the culture shock . I just wanted to go back home, it took me a while to adapt .

Its not inconceivable for a young American woman who goes abroad for the first time to Asia, gets culture shock and doesnt give it time to adapt and just wants to go back home .

Maybe it was the first time away fro her home and parents and got extremely homesick ?

On 08/12/2016 at 6:25 AM, z42 said:

I think we all know how the investigation will end up. Denials, defamation suits mulled, and no actual investigative work whatsoever... If what the American girl said took place actually did then I have the utmost sympathy because any investigation will go nowhere sadly

Probably 2 burmese boys will be caught n charged case closed.

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The very thing happened to a friend of mine once . A group of lads went to Spain for a two week holiday , from the UK . One of the lads got so homesick that he booked himself a flight and flew home after two days .

I also recall when I first went to Asia , with the culture shock . I just wanted to go back home, it took me a while to adapt .

Its not inconceivable for a young American woman who goes abroad for the first time to Asia, gets culture shock and doesnt give it time to adapt and just wants to go back home .

Maybe it was the first time away fro her home and parents and got extremely homesick ?

Did the lad cause an international scandal when he ran out of tampons?