First temporary passport office at MRT station in Klong Toey

rooster59

First temporary passport office at MRT station in Klong Toey

15380392_1772097953006931_4277958891646391120_n.jpg

BANGKOK:-- The Department of Consular Affairs in cooperation with the Metropolitan Rapid Transit Authority on Friday opened the first temporary passport office at the underground train station in Klong Toey to provide convenience to members of the public applying for passports.

The new service at the MRT station was warmly received by the public with a large number of people showing up to apply for passports. The person who received the first queue ticket reportedly said that he left home in Nakhon Pathom at 4 am in order to arrive early at the Klong Toey passport office.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/first-temporary-passport-office-at-mrt-station-in-klong-toey/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-10

42 minutes ago, Honthy said:

quite innovative solution 

Maybe.

Is this similar to the kiosk, recently closed, at Phrom Pong station that was called a 'one stop shop' that renewed or replaced lost I.D. cards, handled name change etc. Perhaps they also did passports.

Surely the photo is an archive shot of a regular office ------ it looks a bit big to be at a tube station.

The link to the original article doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 1:08 PM, Patanawet said:

Maybe.

Is this similar to the kiosk, recently closed, at Phrom Pong station that was called a 'one stop shop' that renewed or replaced lost I.D. cards, handled name change etc. Perhaps they also did passports.

Surely the photo is an archive shot of a regular office ------ it looks a bit big to be at a tube station.

The link to the original article doesn't work for me.

Now reopened.