Firefox Ver 2.0 And Adobe Acrobat

Krub

Hi,

I do not seem to be able to open a pdf file from a site withing my Firefox as I used to be able to with my Netscape.

I am a very 'simple' user and do not know the ins and outs

Any thoughts on how to resolve this ?

Thanks

Might make sure you have the latest Acrobat installed > PluginDoc

Under "Tools" "Downloads" "Download Actions" "View and Edit Actions" Select Adobe Acrobat to use the Acrobat plugin.

Thanks,

I have the latest version of acrobat 7.0.8

In Firefox if I go Tools, Downloads, the download manager opens up and I do not have any more options (download actions, view and edit actions...)

Under "Tools" "Downloads" "Download Actions" "View and Edit Actions" Select Adobe Acrobat to use the Acrobat plugin.

Thanks,

In Firefox if I go Tools, Downloads, the download manager opens up and I do not have any more options (download actions, view and edit actions...)

Sorry about that, missed a step. Should be Tools "Options" Downloads

And use "View and Edit Actions"

Thanks,

Sorry about that, missed a step. Should be Tools "Options" Downloads

And use "View and Edit Actions"

Thanks looks like it all set-up correct. still have difficulty opening a pdf doc from a website

problems with the site itself ? I can see yje fram of the acrobat inside my borwser but even with a high speed connection no text appreas even after a few minutes

Thanks looks like it all set-up correct. still have difficulty opening a pdf doc from a website

problems with the site itself ? I can see yje fram of the acrobat inside my borwser but even with a high speed connection no text appreas even after a few minutes

If the Acrobat frame shows inside a Firefox tab then it is working OK, maybe just a very big PDF file. Try to find a smaller one somewhere to test it.

Here is a very small test pdf I made 6kB.

test.pdf

Works fine thanks for you help

Must be avery big file and busy server on the other side

I sometimes cring when I hit a pdf link and realize it is several megabytes in size. If I know it is that large I just right click on the link and 'save as' to let it download in the background.