Swedish man found dead in central Ubon hotel - suicide, say police

rooster59

8 minutes ago, madusa said:

I read somewhere Sweden has the highest suicide rate in Europe or the world is I am not mistaken. Anyone knows? Sweden is also the most well care for in terms of medical welfare and retirement benefits if I am not wrong.

Not sure what this has to do with so many Westerner deaths being immediately declared a suicide by the police?

As far as I can make out, this poor guy slit his wrists in the bathroom, walked to the bedroom and lay down on the bed to die.  Why then is there blood on the bedroom walls?

Its possible of course that he brushed his arms against the bedroom walls on the way there - but surely there should be an investigation, rather than it being immediately declared a suicide?

2 hours ago, Avrock said:

It's amazes me how many foreigners kill themselves while visiting thailand..every other day theres a news about a foreigner committing suicide..now the families of the victims are the ones who not only have to mourn the loss of a loved one but during this horrific time they've to arrange to bring the body back..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

There's nothing amazing about it at all. Melancholy, discontent souls relocate from their home countries thinking their life will improve, and when they discover it doesn't, they have nowhere else to go. If they get done over financially by some greedy Thai pretend girlfriend or wife, the process is expedited.

On 10/12/2016 at 4:18 AM, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure what this has to do with so many Westerner deaths being immediately declared a suicide by the police?

As far as I can make out, this poor guy slit his wrists in the bathroom, walked to the bedroom and lay down on the bed to die.  Why then is there blood on the bedroom walls?

Its possible of course that he brushed his arms against the bedroom walls on the way there - but surely there should be an investigation, rather than it being immediately declared a suicide?

BIB boys declared a suicide is good for everyone, it makes thing easy for everyone right? Ok, imagine you do a thorough first class investigation, even found the murderer so what? It makes very little difference. The parents of victims going to get compensation? Is it going to reduce murder crimes in the future?

Simple, with the present style & system of government, the training of the police, the mentality of the Thais in general this murder thing will just go on and on it doesn't stop it may even get worse.

Do you know many Thais don't dare breath a word even if they saw the murder took place? They know the consequence if they do. That's how bad it is.

So Simple, just write "Suicide" in this column that's it. Now get on with your life. They think you Farang don't know the system in Thailand. Talking about social justice what a joke they say.

BIB boys with their tight fitting uniforms always look so cool, cool........because they know they have an easy job. No sweat.

55 minutes ago, tropo said:

There's nothing amazing about it at all. Melancholy, discontent souls relocate from their home countries thinking their life will improve, and when they discover it doesn't, they have nowhere else to go. If they get done over financially by some greedy Thai pretend girlfriend or wife, the process is expedited.

Came in to write pretty much the same thing.  People think once they get here that life will be somehow amazing and all their problems solved.. but it's the old adage "no matter where you go, there you are".  

I feel terrible for his family and friends.  At least now he is free from whatever was tormenting him.  RIP.

Edited by akirasan

4 hours ago, mcfish said:

I wonder how long it took to bleed out? Suicide IMO should be Iinstant, can't imagine laying there waiting to expire RIP

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Depending on the wounds it may be 2 hours. But, it is not really important here. After a relatively short time, he becomes to  unconscious most probably... Maybe he had some drugs too. Anyhow, very sad. 

Sad, R.I.P poor guy...

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"There was blood in the bathroom, on the bed and on the bedroom walls".

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an investigation rather than immediately declaring it a suicide.

In this case an investigation might not be needed. I find it hard to think that a murderer would choose the way to bring a razor blade as a weapon. Then struggle with a bloody man in the bathroom while cutting with a great blood shower. After that place the victim on the bed and walk out unseen. IMO there is better and more easy ways of killing somebody. As many others this man probably had big problems, depression or unfortunately the most common that a girlfriend or wife left him.

However, RIP man! Hope your problems are over.

I swear, someone with a terminal disease and in intractable pain could livestream their suicide and the first or second comment here would be "suicide, yeah right".

I've never heard of a murder committed by slashing someone else's wrists and exiting a second floor room with the door locked from the inside. 

This whole post has degenerated into the usual dumb comments on some poor persons loss of life , how do any of you sarcastic pricks know what this guy was going through that led him to this ? Examine your own lives ? Are they perfect ?

7 hours ago, Travel2003 said:

Actually, considering how many million visitors and permanent stays in Thailand, the number is very low compare to any chosen western country.

A quick search tells us UK had more than 6000 in 2014.

Each time it happens here, it is news worthy, thus many jumps to conclusions and of course the conspiracy theories.

nevertheless, very very sad when it happens.

UK 6000,  suicides in 2014 ,   that was before Brexit  vote .

10 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Probably because this case (as many other cases) was/were immediately declared a suicide by the police.

What other conclusion would anyone expect from this  so called  police farce  /  force  :whistling:

My sympathy to this person and to any family he may have had. A very long way to come all the way from Sweden to die in Ubon. But maybe he lived in Thailand. I saw this man last Monday morning, December 5. It was a public holiday, King's birthday and not being at work, I was downtown getting my watch repaired at Pure Watches on Phrommathep road, just around the corner from the said hotel and the big market. I was waiting just inside the shop and this chap in jeans and T-shirt walked past the shop. He looked rather unkempt. A few minutes later he walked back past the shop carrying three cans of Chang beer in a plastic bag. It was 9:30 am. I thought that he must really need a beer and that he must know the local area quite well to know where to buy beer at that time. 

Break the door down means they didn't have a master key? If it was chain or latch locked from the inside it would have been easier just to break the chain or the latch. If not possible for a possible perp to exit via a window or a balcony may well be a suicide.

8 hours ago, ableguy said:

This whole post has degenerated into the usual dumb comments on some poor persons loss of life , how do any of you sarcastic pricks know what this guy was going through that led him to this ? Examine your own lives ? Are they perfect ?

This is the best comment on the whole thread so far. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

That would make an interesting T-shirt. 

" Lost Everything in the LOS"

They'd sell like hotcakes on Suk 

I saw a T shirt on Suk recently....

WOMEN RUINED MY LIFE!!

There'd be many who could wear that shirt.

Seriously, mental Illness Is a bitch, and to kill himself In that way, MI would almost have to be a contributiong cause.

So sad there wasn't an option for him.

Edited by F4UCorsair
spellcheck edit attempt..unable

11 hours ago, ableguy said:

Unfortunately yes.

And so let's be enough here.

Thread closed.

If significant/different news about the case is published a new thread can be opened.