Ghostly stickers banned by Land Transport Dept.

webfact

8 hours ago, optad said:

Sounds like something out of a python sketch and the ministry of bad taste.

I've lived all over SE Asia, currently in Cambodia, but I've never seen such a propensity for childish behaviour as there is in Thailand. Trucks covered with stickers and Michelin men like something out of Scooby Doo and now this?

Nothing more I can say other than "Hello Kitty!"

7 hours ago, kannot said:

of  course  all that "Buddhist"  crap  hanging round the mirror  doesnt  cause any problems as  it  doesnt  block the view of the road ahead as Buddhas in control.

I wonder how  many accidents  have been caused by the retards who drive  with high beam permanently on.............doubt  many know what high beam means or where its control is.

My citylight sometimes doesn't work so i use high beam nonstop. I have to say it works perfect, they all make way for me...

Since these ghosts look like farang i think i'll also turn the lights on in my car while driving...no more congestion for me :cheesy:

Just now, freebyrd said:

I've lived all over SE Asia, currently in Cambodia, but I've never seen such a propensity for childish behaviour as there is in Thailand. Trucks covered with stickers and Michelin men like something out of Scooby Doo and now this?

Nothing more I can say other than "Hello Kitty!"

South Koreans can be childish and the Japanese homogeneity can stifle development on some things, [can really be very immature at over aged levels] but generally they will flick a switch and move on. 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

they may scare the living hell out of other motorists and cause an accident.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

mental harm to other motorists.

There is another thread on here about "What is a 'nanny state'"

This is a 'nanny state' example. 

I have lived by the concept behind the retro-reflective decal - since the late70s

Back then, I coined the term "Passive Retaliation" for the reasoning to use the idea; 

Being that If you want to blind me - you get it back into your own face

Even now, I don't use 'ghostly figures', but instead I rolled out a roll of reflective ribbon, measuring 13 yards * 2 inches

This ribbon is wrapped (coiled) around a cargo barrier frame in the rear compartment of the wagon.

Later on I purchased a 2nd roll, and have now covered all rear windows of the wagon with it.

A fringe benefit (actually intentionally designed) is that because the tape is rolled around cargo barriers,

it also allows reflections to hit back at oncoming drivers that fail to dip their headlights as they approach you from your front

There is another way to do a ghostly reflection though - which I created in 1983.

I had a sedan at the time, and had an Aunger rear window Louvre,  clipped over the rear window.

What you do; is to firstly remove the louvre.

Adhesive retroreflective tape is used to completely cover the underside of each louvre.

What this does; is let the recalcitrant's high beam hits your rear window glass,

now just like a two way mirror, most of it goes through to your eyes in your car,

'but the rest is reflected off the window, vertically.

The reflection strikes the tape covered louvre, and is reflected back down to the window glass,

and then beamed back to the driver behind.

it is a surreal image, the relected light appears to the driver behind, as a virtual image of a Blood Moon

I cannot see how the offending driver could ever complain about it;

as I see it that what they get back in their own eyes is but a mere fraction, an inverse proportion, of what I am receiving from their direct highbeam

Anyhows - much better than ghostly human images IMHO

Edited by tifino

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

I have a "lukthep-in-car" sticker......does it classify as "ghostly"? :coffee1:

Only if you nail through the forehead, onto a board and have the sticker read Lukthep On Board.