Scuba in HUa Hin

nellyp

Is there anywhere near Hua Hin that i can get my son a PADI copurse? He has done a couple of discover diving courses (he is 11), and wants to get his PADI (junior).

I wouold also appreciate opinions on getting the junior PADI

As far as I am aware the only dive (provider) option in the Hua Hin area is http://www.huahindivers.com/Home.html. But you would maybe be better advised to consider heading further south for a week (or Pattaya......) because there's little diving in the area as such. The huahindivers may be able to advise you better about the sites they use (about 15km south of HH). I have never dived them myself, but I am under the impression that they are unremarkable at best. A more realistic option IMO would be to take a week further south - Indian Ocean side sites are generally better for weather, visibility, seas this time of year, but there have been some high seas all around recently so you need to check that out too. There are more protected sites further south at Ko Lipe, which might deserve consideration. On the whole, Gulf of Siam (ie, Ko Samui etc.) is rougher, with more poor weather at this time of year than Indian Ocean sites.

1 hour ago, nellyp said:

My son did a discover diving course (2 dives) on Koh Tao in April. Is it right that he still can't dive without a buddy even with the OW until he is 15?

Deleted double post

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 hour ago, nellyp said:

My son did a discover diving course (2 dives) on Koh Tao in April. Is it right that he still can't dive without a buddy even with the OW until he is 15?

Why dive without a buddy?  That's for pro divers.

I understand that organizations such as PADI dictate that sport diving should always be undertaken with a buddy, as It provides another level of safety.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition