Grain Free Dog Food - Locally Made - Anybody?

Strange

Are there any locally made high quality grain free dog foods that are locally made & cheapish? 

My dog was on Taste of the Wild for a while, but it was getting expensive and a hassle to order it online. Its like 3000 baht for a 13 Kg Bag. Basically 3000 Baht a month. 

So I gradually changed over to regular pedigree dry dog food. After about a month of pedigree I changed gradually to smart heart. During both of these changes I tried adding the same brand wet food in with each feeding as well. 

The issue is that the dog does really well on Taste of the Wild. On the other stuff, man, rancid farts, crapping a lot, not necessarily diarrhea but not healthy dumps either, lost a lot of sheen in his coat, his hair sheds a lot more, etc... 

Im way too lazy to actually cook and prepare food for my dog. If there is no option other than rice, meat, veg or Taste of the Wild, ill buy the expensive dog food. 

So does anyone know, or have experience with this? Dog food recommendations? Advice? 

Dont forget I'm lazy. Ideally Id like to buy a bag of food and dump it in a bowl and do something else with my time. 

Edited by Strange

I cannot help but most of the packs of dog food in Thailand list rice,corn,grain before any other ingredients.

Taste of the Wild is best but expensive. Chicken Soup brand is not far behind and a little cheaper.

ANF is another one. All imported from USA.

Our local pet shop in Khon Kaen stocks both of these.

Edited by Lite Beer

having tried quite a few over 5yrs.we found smartheart gold fit and firm adult 6yr.old the best,he rearly thrives on it.

his every day dinner is.

brocli,

cauli,

carrot,

pumpkin.

chicken breast [no skin]

local beef cooked in a sealed dish oven 140 4hrs.

very little gravy.

and he gets one MEGA O.F.L.plus L with his meal.

as you might guess by my avatar he has a double coat,which is like silk,he shits well,its been perfect the past 8months.

14 minutes ago, meatboy said:

having tried quite a few over 5yrs.we found smartheart gold fit and firm adult 6yr.old the best,he rearly thrives on it.

his every day dinner is.

brocli,

cauli,

carrot,

pumpkin.

chicken breast [no skin]

local beef cooked in a sealed dish oven 140 4hrs.

very little gravy.

and he gets one MEGA O.F.L.plus L with his meal.

as you might guess by my avatar he has a double coat,which is like silk,he shits well,its been perfect the past 8months.

A Mont Blanc cabernet sauvignon 2011 would go well with that. Unless you're having imported quinces from F&M for dessert, in which case a delicate pinot noir. 

I'm a bit neurotic about dog food since one of my dogs came down with cancer.

Yes, I understand that food is unlikely to have anything to do with this - but trying to figure out the best possible diet made me realise that:-

1- 99% of kibble has too much grain, and the meat products are going to be battery farmed - and therefore full of hormones/antibiotics etc.

2-  a home prepared meat and veg diet is also far from ideal as the meat here is all battery farmed and will have hormones/antibiotics etc.

3- The one organic food I've seen contains grains, and is WAY too expensive for my budget.  From memory, 1,250 bht for a bag that would last a couple of days for 4 medium sized dogs?  Not that it matters, as it still contains grains.

Our older Golden has dinner prepared by my Wife.
In spite of my protests she still insists that rice is a part of a dogs diet.
I have managed to get her to cut down on the rice and include plenty of chicken, fish and vegetables.

Just been reading up and some good quality rice is OK.

Around here most dogs get only rice and the odd scraps the family do not eat.

Edited by Lite Beer