Wireless Mouse

basjke

I have a wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse for the past few years.However my mouse pointer many times sticks to the screen,especially when I roll over an ad it will stick to it.I will have to click the right button of the mouse to release it.Also many times it jumps for no reason to some point on the screen or goes to the previous page from its own.Is this a common thing with a wireless mouse or should I consider buying a new one?

p.s.:I use it on a black granite table if that should make a difference

Black is not a good choice with optical mice (assuming your's is optical). Try putting a sheet of white paper down and use the mouse with it to see if the behaviour improves. Also, check on latest drivers for the mouse.

I have found that optical mice work best on dark matt(non-reflective) surfaces which do not have any pattern.

Shiny(reflective) and patterned surfaces cause problems.

Our mice are on black and dark blue surfaces and run without problems.

About wireless mice and keyboards: Our computer shop, though they are selling them, advised against using them because household appliances (TVs, fans, loudspeakers, CRT monitors etc.) can cause interference. and render them useless.

opalhort

Your computer shop is either clueless or selling some really questionable mice (neither of which would be a surprise). Quality wireless mice won't suddenly go haywire because of some electrical interference. Buy a quality mouse, wireless or otherwise, and save yourself a lot of grief. It's your main computer interface, so it's not worth it to save a couple hundred baht and get a jumpy mouse.

For optical mice, try fine cloth... lots of texture to "see".