Top Things To See And Do In Phuket

MYMA

I live in Chiang Mai and haven't been to Phuket in some time. Anyway, I have some people coming from the US to visit and will be going to Phuket.

I would like to make their trip as lovely as possible so any help is appreiciated. What are the things you think they should/must do there? Say Top Three?

Thanks. :o

Having the same problem: Some friends are coming to Phuket in December, my choices:

www.ratrijazztaurant.com

Very nice place with great jazz music.

Phuket FantaSea-Dinner & Show

or a Harley tour with Nickey's Handlebar for one day to explore some nice areas outside Phuket

Renting a speedboat to go around the island

Gerd

dinner at baan yin dee which overlooks patong

drinks at joes downstairs

sunset tour to ko kai

elephant camp between rawai and karon (i think thats right) with the two gorgeous gibbons

boat to phi phi for snorkeling

then down to bangla for a night of debauchery! (couldnt resist) :o

Don't do anything that involved elephants. The way Thais train elephants to accept people on their backs is nothing short of torture. Dont' take my word for it, check out http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...16_phajaan.html

If that isn't enough info for you, just type in 'thailand elephant abuse' in Google and you'll get plenty of info. Or, go to the Thorn Tree forum and search 'thailand elephant abuse.'

The argument that the elephants are unemployed is a bunch of crap. The mahouts are unemployed. There was such a rush to get as many elephants on Phuket once elephant trekking became popular that the gov had to ban the bringing of new elephants onto the island. So, all of these elephant camps are having the elephants have new babies. They get to have a life of suffering and abuse. Don't support this sort of thing if you love animals. It's pathetic and the truth is that you are NOT helping the elephants at all by riding on them.