Have my first virus (Luke Filewalker)

giddyup

2 Antivirus that I have always used when I used free version was Avast or AVG. They worked perfect for me. Now I am using Kaspersky Internet Security in paid version and it works like a charm. Believe me, it´s worth paying for a good antivirus solution.

To get rid of your redirect I would try a version of Spyhunter. That will cost you a little but it have fixed my problems before, and it finds a lot of stuff that always finds it´s way into our computers. You already had ADW Cleaner so you might have taken away alot already with that one and don´t need a paid version.

When you talk about Plus Search Enigine. You probably talk about a hijacking virus that is connected to Omiga Plus Search Engine. This one you can also get redirects with and it´s highly recommended that you get rid of it, due to that it makes your personal and sensitive information very vurnerable.

Here is 2 pages that can help you with that problem:

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-plusnetwork-com-redirection-virus-and-messenger-plus-toolbar-hijacker/

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7418-omiga-plus-virus (here you also have a picture so you can see if it is the same page you have been coming to)

Use the information mon your own risk due to that I never had the virus and cannot confirm if the information is correct.

I hope this solves your problem or that you find the right solution anyway.

4 hours ago, Chicog said:

There is nothing wrong with free software as long as you know for certain it is clean. That means you got it from the software's author and they are trustworthy.

Yes and no. Much if not most free software comes straight from the author. The author often earns his money from bundling the malware/redirection/search tool with the installer. The programme itself may be fine.

In their defence, most installers include an (obfuscated) option not to install the malware part.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Yes and no. Much if not most free software comes straight from the author. The author often earns his money from bundling the malware/redirection/search tool with the installer. The programme itself may be fine.

In their defence, most installers include an (obfuscated) option not to install the malware part.

You'll note I said "and they are trustworthy".

They are not that if they have a history of bundling crap with their software.

11 hours ago, Chicog said:

There is nothing wrong with free software as long as you know for certain it is clean. That means you got it from the software's author and they are trustworthy.

If in doubt ask here. Many people in this forum have done the heavy lifting and will be able to advise you what's good and what isn't.

Just to add to Chicog's first line above, when installing the new software be careful what you are allowing to be installed. Read before you click on 'next' in the installment process......................;)

If the installer has an advanced option choice, take it every time. It may give you the opportunity to deselect something from the 'bundle' that you may regret installing later.

Note: Not all freeware has hidden or unclear 'bundles', but a lot do. 

I know a few corporate 'techs' who rely on 3rd-party bundle-installer website NINITE to download and load up applications on PCs.  

Never heard of them myself till last month, as I prefer go get my malware-laden freeware directly from the author's redirecting download website.  Sigh.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:56 AM, Gary A said:

I'm a big fan of Malware bytes. It is free and has gotten rid of junk that my antivirus program could not find. The paid version works automatically but I use the free version and scan every couple of weeks.

God, Malware bytes isn't an AV software at all.

OP, please try following steps and I'm sure your problems are gone and you've got a clean machine.

First download Kaspersky's Virus removal Tool here: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/kvrt2015

Run a full scan and delete all it finds, before you run this program: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/antivirus-free-trial

This one has all working features what the paid version has got.

Run a full scan and get rid of all the stuff it finds. Restart your PC/notebook and you're good to go.

Malware bytes doesn't always see Trojan horses or homemade stuff. Please give it a try it worked for three guys with the same problem.

And report back, please. 

On 12/22/2016 at 8:19 PM, Get Real said:

2 Antivirus that I have always used when I used free version was Avast or AVG. They worked perfect for me. Now I am using Kaspersky Internet Security in paid version and it works like a charm. Believe me, it´s worth paying for a good antivirus solution.

To get rid of your redirect I would try a version of Spyhunter. That will cost you a little but it have fixed my problems before, and it finds a lot of stuff that always finds it´s way into our computers. You already had ADW Cleaner so you might have taken away alot already with that one and don´t need a paid version.

When you talk about Plus Search Enigine. You probably talk about a hijacking virus that is connected to Omiga Plus Search Engine. This one you can also get redirects with and it´s highly recommended that you get rid of it, due to that it makes your personal and sensitive information very vurnerable.

Here is 2 pages that can help you with that problem:

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-plusnetwork-com-redirection-virus-and-messenger-plus-toolbar-hijacker/

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7418-omiga-plus-virus (here you also have a picture so you can see if it is the same page you have been coming to)

Use the information mon your own risk due to that I never had the virus and cannot confirm if the information is correct.

I hope this solves your problem or that you find the right solution anyway.

Neither Avast ( a virus has been detected but can't be deleted...) nor AVG ( very hard to delete if you dislike it and you'll need a special program to remove the crap) are good AV programs/.

Just try a trial version of Kaspersky and you'll know what a good AV is. 

Spy hunter used on W 10 sometimes deleted some system files. It happened to me twice.

And I've heard that I'm not the only one. 

Edited by lostinisaan

2 hours ago, RichCor said:

I know a few corporate 'techs' who rely on 3rd-party bundle-installer website NINITE to download and load up applications on PCs.  

Never heard of them myself till last month, as I prefer go get my malware-laden freeware directly from the author's redirecting download website.  Sigh.

An old saying where I'm from: What farmers don't know, they'll certainly not eat it. There's some truth in it.

i don't wanna be the donkey who's trying their program. 

18 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Neither Avast ( a virus has been detected but can't be deleted...) nor AVG ( very hard to delete if you dislike it and you'll need a special program to remove the crap) are good AV programs/.

Just try a trial version of Kaspersky and you'll know what a good AV is. 

Spy hunter used on W 10 sometimes deleted some system files. It happened to me twice.

And I've heard that I'm not the only one. 

Avast never found something that can´t be deleted, and AVG is just to uninstall as usual. Just have till kill the running processes first.

Problem with Spyhunter too. Wow, you must be really unlucky with computers.