Coffee or Tea house with comfortable sofa/lounge chairs for long sitting/reading

robertmueller

My father is taking one of these Executive Medical Programs next Wednesday which will last the full day.

I know that there is a waiting/visitor room at the hospital but I can't stand the hospital smell. Approaching a hospital makes me already half sick.

I am looking for a coffee house or tea house with comfortable sofa chairs in which you can comfortably spend several hours reading.

No Internet-WiFi required as I am reading a book.

It should be open as of 9am and within 20 min walking distance of the baht bus route.

In Starbucks and Black Canyon and such chains there is too much traffic/noise and most of the times the comfortable chairs are already taken.

Of course I will order all day long, starting with a full set breakfast (or what is available at that early time in the coffee house), coffee, a full lunch with desserts, coffee and cake and several drinks.

Could you please let me know your recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Rob

P.S. My last resort would be the Lounge of Hilton and such!

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

If we knew which hospital it might make suggestions a bit more relevant

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Recommendations near baht bus route (as I already mentioned above) and surroundings within 20min walking distance of end stations are welcome, i.e. from Naklua to Jomtien, outer limit is railway line.

Au Bon Pain / Right side of Avenue Mall!!! (preferred) or the one @ Index Living Mall. Mostly empty & pleasant with misc. choices of seating. Yes, why not the Dusit Hotel (preferred) at the Dolphin Circle. Reception area and/or Coffee shop with excellent bakery attached. You can find Au Bon Pain also on gr. fl. main building BKPH, bit busy, but plenty of seating or in the Dermatolgy building in the back there is a large restaurant self-serve, less comfortable. Alsoplenty of quiet corners allover the hospital, try the first couple floors where Int. Dpt. & Oncology etc. are located. Good luck & Merry Christmas.  MS>

Yeah,The Dust is your best bet. Lots of areas that you can disappear into and read. Even when your not sitting in an actual area for food. You can pretty much get it sent to wear you are. I have always like that hotel... 

12 hours ago, robertmueller said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Recommendations near baht bus route (as I already mentioned above) and surroundings within 20min walking distance of end stations are welcome, i.e. from Naklua to Jomtien, outer limit is railway line.

Memorial Hospital is on the  baht bus route

Pattaya International Hospital is on the baht bus route

Pattaya City Hospital is on the baht bus route

Queen Sirikit Hospital is on the baht bus route

I am the same as you I hate the Smells in a Hospitsl makes me feel all giddy...

even walking into a Hospital I feel unwell.

for sure I could not work in a Hospital....

but Hats of to the people who do...

thankfully i keep good health so I never have to,visit..