Savage new teacher took stick to seven year old 99 times

webfact

5 hours ago, BlindMagician said:

Obviously your education was lacking.

It doesn't work. There's always a bigger picture, consequences, side effects.

You think the alternative to violence is a pat on the head? Have another go. Here's two clues "punishment", "justice".

Please reread, it was " or do you prefer ......."

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I have been working with children for over 27 years now.

Never have I struck a child.

Never will I do so.

I do not have discipline problems and I have worked in some fairly deprived areas over the years.

Violence is not discipline.

It is assault.

Nothing justifies striking a child.

Nothing.

I was assaulted (as you like to call it) by a few teachers as it was fully deserved. It had the desired effect of making us scared to do it again. I was talked to and given extra duties as punishment by others..... That had no effect and the same was true of my classmates. We all turned out fine and had more respect for those who taught us the hard way than those who we ran rings around.

10 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

I was assaulted (as you like to call it) by a few teachers as it was fully deserved. It had the desired effect of making us scared to do it again. I was talked to and given extra duties as punishment by others..... That had no effect and the same was true of my classmates. We all turned out fine and had more respect for those who taught us the hard way than those who we ran rings around.

A: Striking a child is assault. It's not me that calls it that, it's the legal term for what is happening when a child is struck. 

B: No child deserves to be struck by a teacher. 

C: Fear is not something any teacher should wish to generate in a learning environment. 

D: Childten need to learn why their actions were wrong not be "punished". There have to be sanctions for behaviour problems. However these must be appropriate and focused upon helping the children understand why their actions were wrong and how the consequences of them have negative impacts upon those around them and themselves as well. Violence is never appropriate and does not do this. 

E: No one runs rings round me and never has. 

F: No one who uses violence to control children has any place in the teaching profession. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Please do not partially/selectively quote as it presents the entirely wrong impression of what my post refers to.

Pure and utter nonsense.  I responded to a particular sentence and not the others.

Please do not ask me to censor my own writing.

Just now, TonyClifton said:

Pure and utter nonsense.  I responded to a particular sentence and not the others.

Please do not ask me to censor my own writing.

I believe partially quoting a post when it creates a false impression of the entire post breaches forum rules.

You appear to have chosen to quote an aspect of my post that implies I was referring to teaching in Thailand.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with that.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I believe partially quoting a post when it creates a false impression of the entire post breaches forum rules.

You appear to have chosen to quote an aspect of my post that implies I was referring to teaching in Thailand.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with that.

So by saying you break forum rules make you a form of vigilante who you not like.

7 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

See NO point is there quick to try jump onto other peoples posts but cannot deal with truth glad you not teach my children.

Yawn...

Your post made no sense at all.

You have no idea what the word vigilante means if you think you used it correctly when you jumped into something you clearly have failed to understand.

One would suspect you have an agenda, you certainly appear to be upset about something.

The truth? To quote the great Jack 

Edited by Bluespunk

It's not nonsense, it's fact..... Children today have far less respect for authority than 30 or 40 years ago and it's because of namby pamby people like you who think a good talking to works.... And I most certainly don't condone what this teacher did but I think that the cane or the slipper worked well back then and should be brought back today. 

Burning witches also used to be common practise! Wanna bring that back, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 27.12.2016 at 7:21 PM, Skeptic7 said:

oh...so it's OK to mistreat and abuse animals, is it??? should have stopped after your first 2 sentences! :post-4641-1156693976:

I do not write this, to abuse animals.
Do not put your interpretation in my writing as mine.
I have written that she should work better on a pig farm than to take care of children in a school.
Bad style from you.
Give you the red card back. :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by tomacht8

7 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I do not write this, to abuse animals.
Do not put your interpretation in my writing as mine.
I have written that she should work better on a pig farm than to take care of children in a school.
Bad style from you.
Give you the red card back. :post-4641-1156693976:

Clarification accepted, but not the red card...and it cannot be denied, nor misinterpreted, that you would have been much better served (and understood) by STOPPING after the first 2 lines of your previous post. :coffee1:

23 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A: Striking a child is assault. It's not me that calls it that, it's the legal term for what is happening when a child is struck. 

B: No child deserves to be struck by a teacher. 

C: Fear is not something any teacher should wish to generate in a learning environment. 

D: Childten need to learn why their actions were wrong not be "punished". There have to be sanctions for behaviour problems. However these must be appropriate and focused upon helping the children understand why their actions were wrong and how the consequences of them have negative impacts upon those around them and themselves as well. Violence is never appropriate and does not do this. 

E: No one runs rings round me and never has. 

F: No one who uses violence to control children has any place in the teaching profession. 

Caning.... Is a form of corporal punishment. It's not assault. Please look it up.

It's an offence to keep someone against their own will, so by comparison with your view, we shouldn't imprison anyone either..... Yes, of course that sounds stupid but so does your comparison between corporal punishment and assault.

I don't think you should be teaching if you can't make simple distinctions like this one.

29 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

Caning.... Is a form of corporal punishment. It's not assault. Please look it up.

It's an offence to keep someone against their own will, so by comparison with your view, we shouldn't imprison anyone either..... Yes, of course that sounds stupid but so does your comparison between corporal punishment and assault.

I don't think you should be teaching if you can't make simple distinctions like this one.

Corporal punishment is assault. 

If you can't see that you should not be allowed anywhere near a school. 

You our clearly have no idea about how to teach and develop the ability to think in children.

Your support of violence for discipline is the attitude that led to the assault the child in this story suffered. 

As for this

"It's an offence to keep someone against their own will, so by comparison with your view, we shouldn't imprison anyone either..."

What on earth are you drivelling about? 

Edited by Bluespunk

37 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You our clearly have no idea about how to teach and develop the ability to think in children.

Your support of violence for discipline is the attitude that led to the assault the child in this story suffered. 

As for this

"It's an offence to keep someone against their own will, so by comparison with your view, we shouldn't imprison anyone either..."

Why you think you are the only one here fit to teach? Anyone says anything diffrent to you you go on the attack. Do you do this in classroom if student think diffrent to you? You need to learn not everyone see things same way you do so you have to live with that and realise we are all diffrent. This is a thread about a wiked bullying teacher not about Bluespunk own methods and thoughts.

Edited by jeab1980
N0

Just now, jeab1980 said:

Why you think you are the only one here fit to teach? Anyone says anything diffrent to you you go on the attack. Do you do this in classroom if student think diffrent to you? You need to learn not everyone see things same way you do so you have to live with that and realise we are all diffrent. This is a thread about a wide bullying teacher not about Bluespunk own methods and thoughts.

Yeah right I'm the one on the attack...

Your posts indicate you appear to have a personal grudge, something definitely seems to have upset you...

I am staying on topic, you on the other hand appear to be unable to do so. 

45 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As for this

What I'm drivelling about is that corporal punishment was permissible under the law, just like imprisonment is now but people like you will no doubt in the future say it's inhumane and ban that too.

What that teacher did was assault..... What my teachers did to me 35 years ago was corporal punishment and I totally agree with it.

The results of a softly softly approach are clear for everyone to see.

Just now, darren84310 said:

What I'm drivelling about is that corporal punishment was permissible under the law, just like imprisonment is now but people like you will no doubt in the future say it's inhumane and ban that too.

What that teacher did was assault..... What my teachers did to me 35 years ago was corporal punishment and I totally agree with it.

The results of a softly softly approach are clear for everyone to see.

Nonsense.

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense.

Really..... We've already seen prisons turn into buildings that have better facilities than old people's homes or homes for the homeless, all because of liberal views on how to treat prisoners. Yet prisoners re-offending hasn't really changed.

Just now, darren84310 said:

Really..... We've already seen prisons turn into buildings that have better facilities than old people's homes or homes for the homeless, all because of liberal views on how to treat prisoners. Yet prisoners re-offending hasn't really changed.

As to re-offending rates. I'll take your word on that.

As to the rest of your post...nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah right I'm the one on the attack...

Your posts indicate you appear to have a personal grudge, something definitely seems to have upset you...

I am staying on topic, you on the other hand appear to be unable to do so. 

You are again wrong I have no other agenda as you call it. Why can you just answer a question without all the drivel as you like to say. Others have views not same as yours but you are unwilling to accept this fact. So I will add you to my not worth any effort list have a good life.

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You are again wrong I have no other agenda as you call it. Why can you just answer a question without all the drivel as you like to say. Others have views not same as yours but you are unwilling to accept this fact. So I will add you to my not worth any effort list have a good life.

It will be all the richer without having you in it.

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As to re-offending rates. I'll take your word on that.

As to the rest of your post...nonsense.

6% higher last year in the UK..... Highest among young offenders...... Looks like you haven't been doing such a great job in all those deprived schools you've worked in along with your liberal leftie colleagues.

A good whacks of the cane when they were younger might just have brought them into line.

Another study showed that there was no difference in the chances of re-offending between those inmates who went through rehabilitation to those who didn't. Another softly softly approach that's not working.

3 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

6% higher last year in the UK..... Highest among young offenders...... Looks like you haven't been doing such a great job in all those deprived schools you've worked in along with your liberal leftie colleagues.

A good whacks of the cane when they were younger might just have brought them into line.

Another study showed that there was no difference in the chances of re-offending between those inmates who went through rehabilitation to those who didn't. Another softly softly approach that's not working.

Violence doesn't work.

It doesn't help children learn.

It doesn't help them succeed in school or life.

Only the alt right thinks it works.

And, like on so many other issues, they are wrong.

Edited by Bluespunk