Saving Webpages From The Web

h90

friends made a diving webpage. they are newbies and it does not look that good.

I told them that I polish it a little bit and than I email them and they can bring it to the webmaster of the hotel they work for and he simply upload it.

When I download it with firefox it changes the links instead of /image/picture.jpg it will than be ./mysavedwebpage/picture.jpg or something like that.

As the webpage is extrem small of course I can repair every link but if there is any smarter solution it would be a big help.

thanks

h90

ps.: its only plain html nothing special

Any chance you can get the FTP password for their site and just download the intact directory structure to your hard drive? Their webmaster should be able to give you access to the directory their page sits on without compromising the rest of the site's security. That way you can just re-upload it and there's less chance that someone else will screw it up along the way.

If the site doesn't look that good, chances are that the coding isn't so great either. Something to consider- would it be a lot of work to start from scratch, redesigning the whole page with the same look and feel, and ensuring that everything is XHTML compliant / search engine friendly, etc?