I've Got An Acer 4005 Win Xp 64

NewGuy

Hi All,

I've had my Acer 4005 Ferrari with XP 64 installed for about 18 months. I love the machine but have felt the OS bleeding edge effects from day one.

Recently I did another foolish thing and bought a Samsung D830 phone. Okay, to use pc to phone software by usb or bluetooth I need XP (and XP for a lot else including my XP 64-unsupported Creative USB sound blaster, but thats another story). Sure, I can transfer some data via my mmms card or whatever the little devil is called but I can't backup my contacts or easily transfer files or edit contacts between pc and phone.

I am so frustrated. Can anyone tell me how to set up XP 64 and XP dual boot on my laptop without voiding my legit OS or losing data? A brief Google session brought no light; most people want to dual boot down from XP 64 to XP or sideways to Linux (feel free to substitute "dual boot up" for these two if you are in the know).

Thanks in advance from ....

NewGuy

Thanks cdnvic ... any info on adding XP to an existing XP 64 instal?

Ideally you should have a free freshly formatted partition (D: preferably) I like to have at least 3 partitions, 1 for main operating system, one for secondary operation system and a 3rd partition to store all my other stuff in. That way if i ever have serious windows related problems i can reformat or re image with out loosing my data.

install xp on that partition (D:), when you finish you should have the option to boot to either system

Before you do ANYTHING make a good image of your existing system.