Taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport

jimcarr65

I need to get a taxi from the swampy airport to downtown Bangkok, near the Grand Palace area. How much is a reasonable price to get there with the meter?   This will be Saturday night around 7:30pm. Just curious so I have an idea of what they are going to charge in the meter starts to run up. Thanks.

If you actually leave from the arrivals area, you can expect to pay between 200-250 on the actual meter for the trip (depending upon traffic).  There's a 50 thb airport surcharge added to that and - if you want the driver to use the toll roads - you can expect to pay an additional 50-75 thb for the tolls.

You can avoid the 50 thb airport surcharge by going up to the departures level and catching a taxi that's dropping someone off.....he'd be happy to have a fare going back to the city.  

Guessing about 250 baht give or take 50 baht. Also depends whether you take an

' official '  taxi that has been waiting in a queue for a passenger or can nab a taxi at departure who has just dropped off. You have to pay about 50 baht extra for the taxi in the queue....can't remember the exact price as I always grab a cab from departures ......despite the new barriers up there.