Charmed life or optical illusion? Suicide attempt fails at Phetchaburi station

webfact

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, canuckamuck said:

Must have some part of the train pushed his legs out of the way before the wheels got him, or he pulled up his legs on his own. Peculiar way to commit suicide by train, by just having your legs on the track.

Either a trick, or a very unexpected outcome.

I don't know what it was but quite weird that's for sure, given what one sees from different angles, he looked a goner by all accounts.  I can however, assure you that if a train ran over your legs, it will kill you, it's the shock that does it, not the actually amputation, as the wheels cauterize the wound and stop the loss of blood.

I know as when I was a serving police officer in Australia I attended many railway suicides, some lay their heads on the line, others jumped in front of the train, others put their legs across the track. Not a pretty sight I can assure you, especially when you have to retrieve pieces so the dogs do not get to them.  it is the driver of the train who I feel sorry for, they are the ones who suffer, many cannot go back to driving as it affects them mentally in more ways than one.:wai: