Water Water Everywhere But In Our Town

Rimmer

Despite all the rain and there being enough water for all, there seems to be a major problem with the distribution to Jomtien and I suspect a lot of other town areas as well.

We have no problem because we have water tanks and they fill up, all be it slowly at night but during the day the system is off.

I suspect the problem could be at the main pumping station but anybody know for sure what the story is?

Problem? What problem, just part of the annual marketing strategy program brought to you by the 'water boy' trucking companies. Consider it fair (perhaps fare is more accurate) warning. :o

Despite all the rain and there being enough water for all, there seems to be a major problem with the distribution to Jomtien and I suspect a lot of other town areas as well.

We have no problem because we have water tanks and they fill up, all be it slowly at night but during the day the system is off.

I suspect the problem could be at the main pumping station but anybody know for sure what the story is?

Hi Rimmer

I have looked at this as a problem and figured a way to get a warning as to when you are about to run out of water; with out running out of water.

In my water tank there is a float-switch, when the water level drops, the float lowers into the tank, at a certain level it switches off the water pump.

What I have done is shortened the float cord by wrapping it around a plastic bottle, then when I run out of water I remove the plastic bottle, which lengthens the chord, there fore giving me more water, or at least letting me know to only use what I have left for emergencies like flushing the toilet, etc ,

If you run out of water, this company comes very quickly and charges 200bht 061340193

Also I have called town hall to ask why the water is switched off and how can we find out when it will be switched off. The lady who took my call sounded like bevis and buttheads ***k piece, taking great delight telling me that “water off huhuhu, farang bring water tank to city hall and fill for free huhuhuhu” while sitting in her own filth.

How the duck are you ment to get a 1250 liter stainless steel water tank to city hall.

Try this Rimmer, it wont give you more water, but it will let you know when you have little left so at least you can flush

This water situation is ridiculous. We are all informed by City Hall that there is copious amounts of water. OK, well tell me why the water is turned on around 0130 hours and is turned off between 0700 and 0900 and is not turned on again until 0130 hours. 16 hours without water! So for a family of 3 people and gardens their water would be completely gone even with a tank. Why are we suffering like this? This is in Jomthien area. What can be done?

This is a very bad situation. Hands up everybody who has no water, is running out of water in tanks, is paying for water tanker.

Does anybody know reason no piped water being supplied?

Does anybody know what to do about it? Who do we phone or go see.

Is it just some areas that get cut off?

A few weeks ago somebody wrote on this forum that we should not rubbish Pattaya because tourists looking for info could come across the forum and be put off.

I think that having no water is the straw that's maybe going to break my back and maybe same for a lot of tourists.

On this page there are: Overpaying baht buses because some are afraid not to; suicides at shooting range; gas scams; a robbery; a crazed Englishman.

Go to next page and we get: Double charging; sex with minors; food poisoning; another crazy man; German accused of prostitution ring; coconut danger; tourist drowned when boat capsizes on way to Koh Larn.

And now NO WATER!

A few weeks ago somebody wrote on this forum that we should not rubbish Pattaya because tourists looking for info could come across the forum and be put off.

I think that having no water is the straw that's maybe going to break my back and maybe same for a lot of tourists.

On this page there are: Overpaying baht buses because some are afraid not to; suicides at shooting range; gas scams; a robbery; a crazed Englishman.

Go to next page and we get: Double charging; sex with minors; food poisoning; another crazy man; German accused of prostitution ring; coconut danger; tourist drowned when boat capsizes on way to Koh Larn.

And now NO WATER!

I think you might be over shouting this, the tourists will have water, we will have water, but when city hall turns it off, we need then to pay extra to ship in water.

If you run out of water, this company comes very quickly and charges 200bht 061340193

If it is a real problem get a second water tank and store twice the amount of water, that way it will be ok if the water is only turned on at night to refill the tanks.

Hotels are having water delivered through out the day, so no doubt it is not ideal, however the tourists have water.

Yes the hotels have water delivered, yes we all have water tanks, yes we can all make do but the original question was: Does anybody know what has happened at the pumping station or in the system to cause the current problem when all the lakes are full right up?

Edited by Rimmer

If the mains pressure is low put in another pump near where the supply comes into your property to pump to your tank.

Or alternatively have the tank as close as possible to where the supply comes in.

And create negative pressure in the water system, sucking in groundwater through damaged pipes. :D That's illegal by the way.

Wondering why there's a water shortage? Drive around, and watch all the new housing projects and commercial buildings that are being built at an alarming rate. An obvious lack of coordination between city planning and water management. Kids to better playing Sim City. :o

If the mains pressure is low put in another pump near where the supply comes into your property to pump to your tank.

Or alternatively have the tank as close as possible to where the supply comes in.

You are not paying attention are you? There is NO WATER in the town!!

i left pattaya in 1991 and there was a roaring trade in water tankering then. i lived on soi potisan and i was at the top of the hill so was first to suffer when the city supply pressure dropped. i burned out several cheap chinese water pumps before i 'imported' a davey pump from oz. when i turned that one on, i sucked whatever was in the pipes right up the hill into my tank. my neighbour at the bottom of the hill was left without... just a whistling sucking sound on any taps they opened !

so city hall has still to deliver on the promises they were making 15 years ago? never mind, i am relocating back to pattaya next year and i am confident that they will have it sorted by then.

Day in, day out, my condo building in Jomtien trucks in water. Often that water is not only dirty brown, but smelly! I put a water filter on the inlet of my washing machine (you can buy them at the Samsung Service Center just in front of Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital) and sometimes I have to remove it for cleaning after EVERY WASH LOAD because the black "sand" clogs it. Ditto for the little screen filter in the bathroom sink faucet. Sometimes it clogs up daily.

I once made the mistake of washing a white mattress pad at the wrong time: it now has permanent brown stains (from the water). When I went to add fabric softener to the rinse cycle I was disgusted to see the water was dark brown. I couldn't even bleach out the stains later when the water was cleaner.

I use a counter top water filter (charcoal and ceramic) at the kitchen sink to wash dishes with. I also brush my teeth there. But, to take a shower, I cringe thinking that that water is getting into my eyes and occasionally my mouth. YUCK!

A couple times I observed water tanking trucks with their hoses down in a roadside "pond" by the storm water filtration plant on Soi Wat Boon. That water is stagnant and FILTHY.

The building engineer says there is a municipal water feed but it never provides enough water, so they have to truck the water in.

And create negative pressure in the water system, sucking in groundwater through damaged pipes. :D That's illegal by the way.

Wondering why there's a water shortage? Drive around, and watch all the new housing projects and commercial buildings that are being built at an alarming rate. An obvious lack of coordination between city planning and water management. Kids to better playing Sim City. :o

Yep thats illegal, just like prostitution and selling beer between 2 and 5.

Yes the hotels have water delivered, yes we all have water tanks, yes we can all make do but the original question was: Does anybody know what has happened at the pumping station or in the system to cause the current problem when all the lakes are full right up?

The underground work being carried out on south pattaya road, is that water works?

This maybe the reason,

Until about a month ago, we didn’t have this problem here and that was roughly when the work on south Pattaya Road was carried out (since last year anyway)

It might be making us a little upset, can you imagine how the thai people are feeling, 200bht for a tank of water to them is alot more than it is too us. Dont worry, the locals will be screeming at city hall, including business owners and residents alike, which is good becasue city hall will not listen to faragns

I am thinking about buying a condo in Pattaya. But why would I buy a condo when it seems like there was/is/and will be a limited supply of water? Not only is there a shortage of water, but it seems that the water is very dirty also. Is the water problem so bad there that I should not buy a condo?

You are not paying attention are you? There is NO WATER in the town!!

correct who cld we hit at the papers most post good stories then followed by crime and murder i hope they read all of this and see what they can find out

I am thinking about buying a condo in Pattaya. But why would I buy a condo when it seems like there was/is/and will be a limited supply of water? Not only is there a shortage of water, but it seems that the water is very dirty also. Is the water problem so bad there that I should not buy a condo?

The water shortages that are a constant problem in Pattaya should be well down on the list of why you shouldn't consider buying anything in Pattaya.

Rent if you have to, buy if you have money to lose, up to you.

Wondering why there's a water shortage? Drive around, and watch all the new housing projects and commercial buildings that are being built at an alarming rate. An obvious lack of coordination between city planning and water management. Kids are better playing Sim City. :o

Anyone looking for the REASON behind the problem, there it is... and it effects a greater region than just Pattaya/Jomtien.

It's the same up the road here for the exact same REASON.

Edited by sriracha john

This water situation is ridiculous. We are all informed by City Hall that there is copious amounts of water. OK, well tell me why the water is turned on around 0130 hours and is turned off between 0700 and 0900 and is not turned on again until 0130 hours. 16 hours without water! So for a family of 3 people and gardens their water would be completely gone even with a tank. Why are we suffering like this? This is in Jomthien area. What can be done?

I lived in Hua Hin for a few years, the water situation was a joke, 2 hours aday if we were lucky the weekends were even worse.

It is simple to ensure you have enough water, simple simple simple.

1) read post 3

2) buy a second water tank or a bigger water tank. that way you can store the amount of water you need through out a day, most evenings the water is back on, if not it is always on within two evenings.

Dont wait for other people to sort out your problems, you are able to sort them out simply by following the two suggestions above,

or you could just moan while wondering what to do with the floater :o

No something has happened to the distribution system within in the last ten days.

Jomtien always has water for the six years I have been here, even when everything else is shut down. Because they need to keep it topped up for the hotels.

What we have now for ten days is quite suddenly a pattern of no water at all during the day and then the smallest of trickles filling up the tanks from 10 at night 8 in the morning.

The trickle tells me that there is a major problem somewhere.

A joyfull tanker driver informed the GF that 'big pump break' So maybe the entire system is down.

No something has happened to the distribution system within in the last ten days.

Jomtien always has water for the six years I have been here, even when everything else is shut down. Because they need to keep it topped up for the hotels.

What we have now for ten days is quite suddenly a pattern of no water at all during the day and then the smallest of trickles filling up the tanks from 10 at night 8 in the morning.

The trickle tells me that there is a major problem somewhere.

A joyfull tanker driver informed the GF that 'big pump break' So maybe the entire system is down.

I agree, in recent times not had any problems but this seems to be something over the last month or so,

I am chaning the water storage here, so in future it will not effect me,

Two tanks, one for the house and one for the garden, then a vavle between the two to fill one tank to the other. At least then if i am watering the garden and run out, &&&k the plants, plenty for the house

i dont know rimmer its\ a problem and i wonder if it will ever get better you just can,t talk to any one..............always dont know.......

although all you guys with lovely girls should ring in mass and say what the real problem......................... :o

For the first year I lived out at Pong we had no water problems at all. (Well, being so near the lake that would be logical - but unfortunately nothing is logical out here)

A few weeks ago my tanks went dry with no warning, and then I found out that it had been announced on Sophon TV that the water would be off in a huge area East of Sukhumvit for 3 days.

So I bought a load of water in.

That night it was back on again.

A few days later, same thing happened again - we found out it was going to off for 2-3 days - bought another load of water, but was back on that night.

Ever since then I check my tanks every morning and evening. Sometimes, there is no city water in the early morning, but by mid morning it's running again, and usually stays running all day and night - but I can't take it for granted like I used to.

If things get really bad I'll dig a well. :o

If things get really bad I'll dig a well. :o

First thing I insisted on was a bloody deep well. I find water shortages after the promise of mighty river diversions hard to fathom. Perhaps funding has been errrrr mislaid for these public works projects of vital importance for the poor sods who pay their taxes

If you have a rainwater butt, use grey water on the garden and well water for laundry, you will find you don't run out half so often if at all.

Flushing a toilet with "drinking water" is insane.

The depth of a well is relative to the water table, making it a lot deeper won't necessarily give you more water, it simply has to be the right depth.

Because it has rained or you live next to a lake will usually have no immediate effect on your water supply.

Edited by wilko

I also heard that the main pump had 'blown up'. But that was days ago!

Shortage might have something to do with new pipes being laid. An engineer type person told me that these pipes are not for drainage as I had thought.

You'd think that the Pattaya Mail and Pattaya Today could keep their readers informed - Im feeling p***ed of with them too!