Racism, anger and why dual pricing makes sense to Thai people

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

keep my opinion whenever and wherever i deceide its convinient, and believe me, sometimes people need a hint...i could give you many examples , from several countries and BTW we are all human on this planet and free to do whatever. and yes, my country welcomes many ``refugees``, but hey , we all spend our money here, and many transfer from abroad .

Now you are gonna tell me we are just guests, ok , but then we should also be respected as such.  Without scamming, cheating, etc etc

"we are all human on this planet and free to do whatever. " oh yeah? so why don't yo let everybody enter your home country for work? why do you still keep border patrols, passports, visas etc? we are all humans so everybody should have the same right to live at your home country as you.

"my country welcomes many ``refugees``, but hey , we all spend our money here, and many transfer from abroad ." cool. but your state still checks them - who have right to be a refugee and who don't. if all are free to do everything - all immigrants must let in.

and even if your state would do so - it absolutely does not mean that Thailand should do the same.

if you have money it gives you the right to pay them or not to a specific seller. not teaching him what to sell and how much to charge.

"Now you are gonna tell me we are just guests, ok , but then we should also be respected as such." respect means giving a free choice to buy or not to buy. and you have this choice. and if this conditions means not enough respect for you - go somewhere else where people will respect you enough.

"and a part of that, even thai people disagree with dual pricing, as i personally experienced at local market and the seller was shamed by another neighbour stall when overcharged me for a 5 THB Kao Niao bag , instead asking for 10 THB ...hahaha what a stoopid person loosing face for 5 THB ..... "

ok. those who disagree can sell it cheaper. but "shaming" someone is manipulation. Thai people, especially neighbors, dont' do that without a reason.  seems like other sellers just told you what you want to hear to attract you to buy from them. easy marketing strategy: bag costs 10 baht, one seller sells it 20, second one says - i sell it fair, just 12 baht. and you buy it.

Edited by Matt96

9 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

because you are guest you must realize that Thai society works to make Thai people happy. not you. and it's up to Thai people only to decide if something needs to be changed.

you can speak whatever you want but your opinion is insignificant. and nobody in Thailand is interested in it.

"really how dare you" this is how leftist discourse works - it defends the freedom of speech for it's adepts only. and when leftists hear something they don't like - their only answer is "how dare you". nothing new here...

""starting change things" according to Thai law foreigners are banned from political activity. and according to international law you accepted this by applying for a visa or stamp while to enter the country.

...wether my opinion is insignifikant or not....hm..i have my own experiences with that...you are not representing Thai peoples view as a whole .

starting change things begins with small issues , not necessairly political engagement.

Dont mix up things.

4 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

"we are all human on this planet and free to do whatever. " oh yeah? so why don't yo let everybody enter your home country for work? why do you still keep border patrols, passports, visas etc? we are all humans so everybody should have the same right to live at your home country as you.

"my country welcomes many ``refugees``, but hey , we all spend our money here, and many transfer from abroad ." cool. but your state still checks them - who have right to be a refugee and who don't. if all are free to do everything - all immigrants must let in.

and even if your state would do so - it absolutely does not mean that Thailand should do the same.

if you have money it gives you the right to pay them or not to a specific seller. not teaching him what to sell and how much to charge.

"Now you are gonna tell me we are just guests, ok , but then we should also be respected as such." respect means giving a free choice to buy or not to buy. and you have this choice. and if this conditions means not enough respect for you - go somewhere else where people will respect you enough.

or tell them straight in their face , as they hate it . haha

who cares at the end ?

6 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

...wether my opinion is insignifikant or not....hm..i have my own experiences with that...you are not representing Thai peoples view as a whole .

starting change things begins with small issues , not necessairly political engagement.

Dont mix up things.

i dont need to represent anybody. i am just telling the truth "your opinion about Thai internal issues is insignificant. because Thai people run their country themselves and for their own profit. not yours"

but you can't accept it. wishful thinking as usual.

6 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

or tell them straight in their face , as they hate it . haha

who cares at the end ?

good idea. please, the next time you will see immigration officers to apply for Thai visa -  please say "straight in their face" all what you think must be changed in Thailand. ok?

Just now, Matt96 said:

i dont need to represent anybody. i am just telling the truth "your opinion about Thai internal issues is insignificant. because Thai people run their country themselves and for their own profit. not yours"

but you can't accept it. wishful thinking as usual.

..your so called truth is only your personal opinion which you cant apply for anybody else,  you have to accept that as well.

you can keep your opinion up to you

Just now, thetruth revealer said:

..your so called truth is only your personal opinion which you cant apply for anybody else,  you have to accept that as well.

you can keep your opinion up to you

"your so called truth is only your personal opinion" no it's not. my opinion is based on international laws and laws of Thailand.

according to these laws you, as a foreigner, can't be engaged in activity which can affect inte3rnal affairs of Thailand. do I need to remind you about that impudent farang who took part in red shirt gatherings and how did he end up?

Just now, thetruth revealer said:

what has Immigration to do with DUAL PRICING , which is actually illegal according Thai law...?

:offtopic:

because you mentioned that you want to speak "the truth"  to Thais " straight in their face ". so why don't you be  consistent and start with the first Thai which you meet on the way to Thailand - the immigration officer? or you speak the truth "straight in their face " only to market vendors? how  providently!

7 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

BTW, we had as well reported a Immigration Officer once because he refused my Asean State Wife exit to Laos and re entry in Thailand, finally we got the Supervisor to the spot and things are sorted out immediately.

Apparently my opinion and actions taken based on it worked well this time .

:offtopic:

because all applicants are requested to make a complain if a government servant does something wrong. you acted according to Thai rules and therefore succeeded. but if you would tell Thais how to run their own country - something is telling me you will get a slightly different result. lol

Edited by Matt96

1 minute ago, Matt96 said:

because all applicants are requested to make a complain if a government servant does something wrong. you acted according to Thai rules and therefore succeeded. but if you would tell Thais how to run their own country - something is telling me you will get a different result. lol

what i want to say is that sometimes you cant simply swallow the frog, but many do , to their disadvantage and this shouldnt be encouraged.

Fairness .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

what i want to say is that sometimes you cant simply swallow the frog, but many do , to their disadvantage and this shouldnt be encouraged.

Fairness .

ok if you can't swollow the frog - go somewhere else. seems like Thailand will not cry for you.

"Fairness" for you means "change the system to make it better for me and therefore worse for Thais" why should Thais do that? they live and work on their own land for their own prosperity and well-being, not yours. and you come to their land  as a guest, smile politely to get a visa and while let in - start whining: "give me this, give me that. why? because I was taught I am entitled for this!"

who would need a guest like this?!

Edited by Matt96

Just now, overherebc said:

May I humbly suggest that the person, from wherever, who is living here as a guest, immigrant, PR holder or rich long term tourist who knowingly pays over the odds for something that is a blatant, racist rip off is actually showing more arrogance than he/she realises. Sort of I am so superior and rich therefore better than you so here is some of my money.

much more arrogance is to keep living in Thailand and keep whining "oh its racist Thailand. oh it's unfair for me"

Thai people think it's fair. you have to either accept it or leave. so what is the whining for?

7 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

much more arrogance is to keep living in Thailand and keep whining "oh its racist Thailand. oh it's unfair for me"

Thai people think it's fair. you have to either accept it or leave. so what is the whining for?

What makes you think it was directed at anyone in particular?

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

May I humbly suggest that the person, from wherever, who is living here as a guest, immigrant, PR holder or rich long term tourist who knowingly pays over the odds for something that is a blatant, racist rip off is actually showing more arrogance than he/she realises. Sort of I am so superior and rich therefore better than you so here is some of my money.

Do you think that nonsense applies to the national parks entrance fees?  I don't suppose you would ever drop a little extra in a donation box either for fear of someone thinking you thought yourself superior.

Just now, overherebc said:

What makes you think it was directed at anyone in particular?

I don't know where it was directed that. but for a long time i see the same phenomena:

farangs keep whining about how Thailand is racist, how they are scammed, disrespected etc. but no one of them wants to leave. on contrary they pay a lot to keep living in Thailand. fake education, fake departures (AKA visa runs), fake companies with fake staff, fake wifes, fake pensions, fake adopted fathers, fake kids - you name it.

are they masochists? do they intentionally torture themselves by living in Thailand?

1 minute ago, maxpower said:

This is why most of the large hotel groups in Thailand employ foreign managers and consultants. Thai strategy - grab all you can invest little and forget about tomorrow.

but they don't employ foreigners in the government. you can think whatever you want about Thai strategy. but this is their choice. take it or leave it.

2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Do you think that nonsense applies to the national parks entrance fees?  I don't suppose you would ever drop a little extra in a donation box either for fear of someone thinking you thought yourself superior.

I do in other places because I have more confidence the donation will be used in the correct way.

4 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

I don't know where it was directed that. but for a long time i see the same phenomena:

farangs keep whining about how Thailand is racist, how they are scammed, disrespected etc. but no one of them wants to leave. on contrary they pay a lot to keep living in Thailand. fake education, fake departures (AKA visa runs), fake companies with fake staff, fake wifes, fake pensions, fake adopted fathers, fake kids - you name it.

are they masochists? do they intentionally torture themselves by living in Thailand?

Is that all of us, most of us, some of us or just the people you know yourself?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt96 said:

but they don't employ foreigners in the government. you can think whatever you want about Thai strategy. but this is their choice. take it or leave it.

Which is why you have a government making statements like "If you do what I say one day Thai will be the world's first language" 

2 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Which is why you have a government making statements like "If you do what I say one day Thai will be the world's first language" 

and why do you care? mind your own business at your own homeland. or is there a paradise built already? so why are you still here?

lol

Edited by Matt96

2 hours ago, Matt96 said:

cool! so it's up to a seller to choose the price and other conditions. and the customer choose either pay or not.

you don't want to pay - go somewhere else.

You're right of course, but I find it a shame that although I FAR prefer to give ordinary locals my money rather than wealthy companies/supermarkets etc., I eventually learned that it was easier and less annoying to buy from shops that had prices displayed - i.e. supermarkets and the like, so the market stalls lost out on the money I spent :sad:.

Electricians/plumbers/handymen etc. are more of a problem as big companies aren't interested in small jobs but, even so, those tradespeople have also lost out as whereas previously I'd call them out for every little job - once it became obvious the cost was increasingly dramatically, I gave up on the little things that just made my life easier and now only use them when absolutely necessary.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're right of course, but I find it a shame that although I FAR prefer to give ordinary locals my money rather than wealthy companies supermarkets, I eventually learned that it was easier and less annoying to buy from shops that had prices displayed - i.e. supermarkets and the like, so the market stalls lost out on the money I spent :sad:.

Electricians/plumbers/handymen etc. are more of a problem as big companies aren't interested in small jobs but, even so, those tradespeople have also lost out as whereas previously I'd call them out for every little job - once it became obvious the cost was increasingly dramatically, I gave up on the little things that just made my life easier and now only use them when absolutely necessary.

so much to say about long term influence of overcharging mentality.....

• Like 1