Video: Pattaya tunnel jumper is Finnish but it was not the end

webfact

Video: Pattaya tunnel jumper is Finnish but it was not the end

1p1.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- The man who jumped down into the Pattaya tunnel on Sukhumvit Road has survived the five meter fall.

Police said that he is a Finn national and Thai Rath reported he is aged about 30.

His jump was recorded by a motorcycle taxi rider who was waiting at a rank nearby, reports Thairath.

Sanam Changlek said he saw the man run out of Soi Sanam Golf and then stand by the tunnel for five minutes.

"I thought he must be drunk," said Sanam,"then he jumped".

Sawang Boriboon Pattaya medics gave treatment at the scene before the tourists was transferred to Banglamung Hospital where he was found to have serious injuries to both arms.

Police will be interviewing him to discover what was behind his actions.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-16

7 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

And no-one thought to go over there and at least try to show some empathy?

It's Pattaya - if you'd walk up to every weird person doing stupid things you wouldn't have enough hours in a day. 

I get your point, but let's be real.. 

15 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

It's Pattaya - if you'd walk up to every weird person doing stupid things you wouldn't have enough hours in a day. 

I get your point, but let's be real.. 

I have lived here 12 years & learned ( unfortunately) to mind my own business with Thai & farang drunks & hotheads. You never know if they will pull a gun or knife on you... or you get blamed for their bizarre behavior. ( not like back home) True, too many mentally unstable people in Pattaya- short term or long term.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

He should have waited until after a heavy rainfall when the underpass would have be flooded :whistling:

silly man.

No. Sadly I'm afraid we can expect a lot more of this, mostly balcony dives, from our forum Tunnel Deniers as it dawns on them that the tunnel is completed on schedule, works fine, and ain't gon' flood. He may in fact have needed to prove to himself that it's real.

5 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

You don't seem to know tunnels in Thailand. For sure this one also will be flooded.

So your an authority on tunnels in Thailand are you, I bow to your superior knowledge.

Can you please advise me on how this one will flood other than suk road flooding with water to depths that has never happened previously ?

"Hello Mister. We glad you wake up. You are in Banglamung Hospital. You have been in a coma for six months. Your bill so far is 947,329 baht. Just wondering, why did you jump off that bridge?"

Edited by NCC1701A

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"Hello Mister. We glad you wake up. You are in Banglamung Hospital. You have been in a coma for six months. Your bill so far is 947,329 baht. Just wondering, why did you jump off that bridge?"

Looks like he's gonna need a bigger bridge

7 hours ago, toenail said:

I have lived here 12 years & learned ( unfortunately) to mind my own business with Thai & farang drunks & hotheads. You never know if they will pull a gun or knife on you... or you get blamed for their bizarre behavior. ( not like back home) True, too many mentally unstable people in Pattaya- short term or long term.

Australia is same same .