UK NHS pension paid into a THB account?

Has anyone gone this route?  I have an FX Bangkok Bank account but think it's impossible to get the NHS pension agency to pay it into that account so is it possible to pay it into one of my THB accounts here?

I'm trying to avoid going through my British Bank who are a pain in the ****

Mine gets paid directly into my Siam Commercial Account, always arrives in my account a few days after payment day, been doing so for many years never a problem.

Some will bitch about the exchange rate and bank charges but I have never found this a problem. I don't see any bank charges and the exchange always seems OK.

:smile:

8 minutes ago, beavenlen said:

you can also have your pension paid into any bank you choose,directly from uk pension agency, however this would result in your pension being frozen at current rates.

british state pensions are frozen at the rate applied when you move to thailand irrespective of which bank you use if you have a  uk state pension that is not frozen then you are cheating the british people out of money that you are not entitled to and is considered a serious offence if found out as you should inform the pensions department of any change of status that can effect the amount that you are paid and this include moving to thailand

28 minutes ago, meatboy said:

cant see why the op cant get it paid into bangkok bank in london,then trans.to the same in thailand.

i dont think they even charge for the trans.

I believe the charge is £12.00 per transfer?

43 minutes ago, meatboy said:

cant see why the op cant get it paid into bangkok bank in london,then trans.to the same in thailand.

Based on my experience with the Bangkok Bank branch in New York, there is a small banking charge, but it is negligible and I agree the process is speedy, reliable and uses the current exchange rate. You use the same account number that you use with you Bangkok Bank account in Thailand and it amounts to almost the same thing as making a deposit at any Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand.

"I believe the charge is £12.00 per transfer?"

In New York the fee for the range of deposits most of us would make on a regular basis would be $5 or $10, in addition to a minimum of Baht 200 deducted in Thailand (0.25% of the baht amount, Baht 200 minimum/ Baht 500 maximum). Apparently London is a bit more expensive.

Edited by Suradit69

my wifes NHS is paid every month into the same uk.bank acc.as mine[joint] but to cut down on transfers i only trans.once a yr.but it costs me 30gbp.uk.end express service takes 1-1.5hrs.uk.to thailand this way it not only cuts down on trans.fees but i can watch the exchange rate.

1 hour ago, meatboy said:

because BB have told me i have to go IN PERSON to London to open the account

1 hour ago, badlad said:

british state pensions are frozen at the rate applied when you move to thailand irrespective of which bank you use if you have a  uk state pension that is not frozen then you are cheating the british people out of money that you are not entitled to and is considered a serious offence if found out as you should inform the pensions department of any change of status that can effect the amount that you are paid and this include moving to thailand

it's not a state pension - we know this about the OAP pension but mines an NHS pension and it increases annually

5 hours ago, meatboy said:

why not register for online banking at your uk.bank,then transfer when you need it.

the wife has a NHS pension and never has a problem doing it that way.

sent in sterling to her thai acc.

I have online banking but i have experienced problems (I never go to the UK) and I do not have a UK address and so Nat West are pedantic and nick-picking and I want to avoid problems  (loads problems with CC, for example they wont send to Thailand). 

1 hour ago, remobb said:

Mine is paid directly into my Bangkok Bank account. Always on time and always a good / fair exchange rate. Contact your pensions office, they will sort it. I don't have a uk bank account 

If this can be done this is what i want BUT friends have told me the NHS agency insist it goes to a BRITISH bank?  

if you are saying this is not the case then it's a HUGE relief  

your NHS pension goes to your THB account here in Thailand?

2 hours ago, badlad said:

Somewhat debatable.  My pension is frozen because I live in Thailand.  It wouldn't be if I was living in say, the Philipines, to name but one.  Although it's an offence, you can't say you are cheating the British public.  Pension contributions throughout your life are the same as any other Brit.  Why be penalised because we choose to live in certain countries as opposed to others? I draw other pensions from the UK for which I pay UK taxes without any of the benefits available if I was living there.

21 hours ago, remobb said:

Mine is paid directly into my Bangkok Bank account. Always on time and always a good / fair exchange rate. Contact your pensions office, they will sort it. I don't have a uk bank account 

There is no need to go through any complicated arrangements. DHS will pay it directly into a Bangkok Bank account, monthly or 13-weekly, whichever you choose

2 hours ago, Farang99 said:

There is no need to go through any complicated arrangements. DHS will pay it directly into a Bangkok Bank account, monthly or 13-weekly, whichever you choose

this is NOT a state pension we are debateing,its an occupation pension.

READ the opening post and others.

2 hours ago, Farang99 said:

My work pension is also paid directly into my Bangkok Bank account. No problem either way.

Farang this is an NHS pension not DHS or a 'work' pension I am looking for SPECIFIC advice on NHS pension only - cheers

On 1/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, remobb said:

Hi remobb...  still waiting for you to confirm that you have a NHS pension paid direct into your BB account in THB?    (NHS specific only please)

edit :  just sent you a PM 

Edited by LannaGuy

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Hi remobb...  still waiting for you to confirm that you have a NHS pension paid direct into your BB account in THB?    (NHS specific only please)

edit :  just sent you a PM 

i am sure i have the nhs pension payment book i will go and see if i can find it.that might shed some lite on it.

To have your money paid into your BKK bank account in TL you have to have a UK BKK bank account. UK bank accounts have an 8 digit code; Thai BKK bank account is 9 digit. I tried to have my pensions paid to my Thai BKK bank account but fell foul of this. At the time I didn't know you had to have a UK BKK bank account. DAMN  If you have a UK BKK bank account I believe the transfer to here is free !

And I think you have to be in UK to open one .  DOUBLE DAMN

1 hour ago, keithathome said:

To have your money paid into your BKK bank account in TL you have to have a UK BKK bank account. UK bank accounts have an 8 digit code; Thai BKK bank account is 9 digit. I tried to have my pensions paid to my Thai BKK bank account but fell foul of this. At the time I didn't know you had to have a UK BKK bank account. DAMN  If you have a UK BKK bank account I believe the transfer to here is free !

And I think you have to be in UK to open one .  DOUBLE DAMN

Yes you CANNOT open it from here (I tried) but...  Meatboy sent me the info and it looks like you CAN transfer it here into a BB Thai Baht account. Please remember I'm only talking about NHS pensions.

I will be collecting mine next year and wanted to get the facts. I have now printed off the form:

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions

Thailand 024 (V6) 12.2016

Thanks Meatboy