Sponsorship Undertaking - Aust Spouse

hello,

In the early stages of filling out the documents for my husbands spouse visa to Australia, I remember reading that I had to include a letter stating my intentions as a sponsor: that along with filling out the final page(Sponsorship undertaking) in form 40SP, I need to write a letter stating: I will fulfil the duties required of me as a sponsor etc.

Lately I have been trying to find this information on the Imm. website, but have been unable to.

Can anyone confirm that a written letter of this kind needs to be written!!??

Thanks in advance.

Hi Trina,

For the purpose of the spouse visa I think what you will need to provide is a "Statement of Relationship". In this you give all relevant information such as how you met, how your realashionship developed, your future arrangements and so on. The booklet at the following location should be of assistance to you all you need to do is be able to interpret it correctly. Easy enough but I had a few mis-interpetations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

I am going thru the process of getting a spouse visa for my wife myself and found this site to provide both valuable and misleading information. Then again it depends who you talk with at DIMA. I got the feeling that they gave advice on what they thought you should do and not what their policy dictates. If you do talk with them my advice is the write down you you spoke to, the time and notes on what you discussed for future referance.

Good Luck

hello,

In the early stages of filling out the documents for my husbands spouse visa to Australia, I remember reading that I had to include a letter stating my intentions as a sponsor: that along with filling out the final page(Sponsorship undertaking) in form 40SP, I need to write a letter stating: I will fulfil the duties required of me as a sponsor etc.

Lately I have been trying to find this information on the Imm. website, but have been unable to.

Can anyone confirm that a written letter of this kind needs to be written!!??

Thanks in advance.

Wouldnt hurt to include it....every little bit helps...if you are unsure of something like this, then do it anyway.... :o