Minimum age requirement for openning bank acount?

Talking about minimum age, what is the minimum age to get a driver license for a scooter in Thailand ?

I know  most kids drive they scooter  at 14 year old with no license and no helmet  but my  Thai partner has a 15 year old daughter

that want to use the scooter   I would like to know if she  can get a  driver license.

Might get a better response if you start a new thread. Topic here is bank account.

Or just as easy, ask Mr Google.

"Like many other countries, a driver's licence is required before someone can drive on any road in Thailand. Thai driver's licence is issued by the Department of Land Transport, Ministry of Transport and can be used throughout the Kingdom of Thailand and other ASEAN states.[1]

The minimum age to drive a motor vehicle is 18 years old and 15 years old for motorcycle."

Just sayin.

31 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Not sure, but certainly not older than 16.

Please don't take this as a flame or a put down.

But, why answer when you don't know ?

A 5 second search on Google produces pages of info on the subject.

Just sayin.

I opened an account for my boy when he was 5  in bangkok bank. Not able to make with drawls and i am guardian but it means i can save for him and nobody else can touch it. Downside is savings interest 0.5% so i will be withdrawing it soon and putting it somewhere else as inflation will devalue it to much at that rate .Think of buying gold for long term investment

12 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Can probably only topped up with cash (i.e. not possible to transfer from any bankaccount to his).

No i transfer money from my account to his . Never tried it the other way  though . Should not work

I opened an account for my boy when he was 5  in bangkok bank. Not able to make with drawls and i am guardian but it means i can save for him and nobody else can touch it. Downside is savings interest 0.5% so i will be withdrawing it soon and putting it somewhere else as inflation will devalue it to much at that rate .Think of buying gold for long term investment

Yes I know about this type of account. But my original question was an account for adult which he can manage by himself, having debit card, internet banking, transferring money...
My son will turn 18 Years old this year and i was doubting if the requirements are 18 or 21...
Anyway will ask my bank directly as it can also be depending on bank policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, jphasia said:

Yes I know about this type of account. But my original question was an account for adult which he can manage by himself, having debit card, internet banking, transferring money...
My son will turn 18 Years old this year and i was doubting if the requirements are 18 or 21...
Anyway will ask my bank directly as it can also be depending on bank policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but you asked the minimum age so i naturally assumed a child . If he is an adult he can do hiself . I opened my own account in uk natwest at 16 while i was working in a coal mine , living in my own flat . did not need daddy to do for me . So did all my 4 kids at 16, better he goes to the bank hiself.
 Not always get the correct advice from the bank . I was in my bangkok bank asking for a credit card so i have some protection when buying on the internet but was refused saying farangs not alowed . I then pointed out a big cardboard cutout of farangs with an advert for farangs to get a credit card in bangkok bank about 2 metres away . got the silly smile but no credit card .
 Also the first time i was told my boy at 5 could not have an account . Second time seen somebody else and was told ok

9 minutes ago, dazzz said:

Sorry but you asked the minimum age so i naturally assumed a child . If he is an adult he can do hiself . I opened my own account in uk natwest at 16 while i was working in a coal mine , living in my own flat . did not need daddy to do for me . So did all my 4 kids at 16, better he goes to the bank hiself.
 Not always get the correct advice from the bank . I was in my bangkok bank asking for a credit card so i have some protection when buying on the internet but was refused saying farangs not alowed . I then pointed out a big cardboard cutout of farangs with an advert for farangs to get a credit card in bangkok bank about 2 metres away . got the silly smile but no credit card .
 Also the first time i was told my boy at 5 could not have an account . Second time seen somebody else and was told ok

Yes, my original question might be confusing. My son will turn 18 years old in May this year. So far, he has an account same as your son, which is control by his mum and basically nobody is touching it, just deposit some money. My girlfriend opened an account few years ago under her name but for his use. I deposit some money on it every month for his daily use. he has an ATM card on it for the withdraw and my girlfriend is controlling the flow through her internet banking.

As he is becoming an adult soon, I am then thinking that he might able to open his own bank account, saving and maybe fixed deposit. As I will be back to Thailand this weekend, I will try to find out with the bank.

Yes, I am used to the banks in Thailand and with the typical answers "cannot" and think knowing how find out. I am banking with Bangkok Bank and SCB. I am not working in Thailand. On Non O visa based on child but I managed to get 2 credit cards from Bangkok Bank without secured deposit and I have been able to open additional account without any issues so far. It really depends on the branch and the branch managers I would say.

18 hours ago, jphasia said:

Yes, my original question might be confusing. My son will turn 18 years old in May this year. So far, he has an account same as your son, which is control by his mum and basically nobody is touching it, just deposit some money. My girlfriend opened an account few years ago under her name but for his use. I deposit some money on it every month for his daily use. he has an ATM card on it for the withdraw and my girlfriend is controlling the flow through her internet banking.

As he is becoming an adult soon, I am then thinking that he might able to open his own bank account, saving and maybe fixed deposit. As I will be back to Thailand this weekend, I will try to find out with the bank.

Yes, I am used to the banks in Thailand and with the typical answers "cannot" and think knowing how find out. I am banking with Bangkok Bank and SCB. I am not working in Thailand. On Non O visa based on child but I managed to get 2 credit cards from Bangkok Bank without secured deposit and I have been able to open additional account without any issues so far. It really depends on the branch and the branch managers I would say.

More like who you speak to on the day  and if they can be bothered to do it . First time i went there specifically to inquire about an account for my boy  and was told  by a man categorically no account for children and no credit card for farangs even though a big advert for farangs to apply for CC. Next time i went for something else and was seen  by a very pleasant young woman so i asked her again and she said no problem and did it there and then  as i still had his paperwork with me from the first time but never asked her about the  CC

it is 15 years and for all people not for Thais only, my son open a bankaccount, i didn´t have to sign anything, he got a Visacard,

bankbook, and he can use even his card online, also internet banking, nothing different to my accounts, only first deposit has to

be 10000 baht at Kasikorn bank.