Getting child maintenance from Danish father

Slartibardfast

posting on behalf of a friend

Thai lady marries a Danish farang in Denmark and has marriage certificate from that country

they have a child who is now 4 years old that was born in Thailand...the farang is listed on the Thai birth certificate as the father

the child lives with his mother in a condo in Thailand..the farang has been sending money to support the mother and child

the farang it seems has now lost interest  and has not sent any money for the last three months and looks like this situation is set to continue

The lady and her child are now in a desperate situation financially and would like to know how to proceed to force the farang to fulfill his obligations to the child

any help or advice would be most welcome

Without knowing the circumstances the Danish guy (why call him 'Farang' when you know he is Danish?) may have good reason for not 'fulfilling' obligations. Maybe the Thai lady absconded with the child back to her home country and denied the father access. Maybe the Danish gentlemen is in a desperate situation not being allowed to see their (his and hers) child !

2 hours ago, Slartibardfast said:

posting on behalf of a friend

Has the friend been to the Danish Embassy during the three months of non payment. ?

Is the friend asking you for money. ?

How do you know the Danish guy ain't pegged it. ?

I could go on.

Edited by Kwasaki

ok a little more detail...the Danish gentleman moved back to Denmark from Thailand where the three of them had been living and the plan has been for him to sell his condo in Denmark and buy a house and then his Thai wife {Noi}and his child would move over to stay with him in Denmark....The DG is currently working in Denmark as far as they know and has been sending money for over a year now since he moved back..there has never been any attempt by his Thai wife Noi to stop him seeing his child and she has been looking forward to joining him in Denmark..There has been constant contact with the wife until the last three months when contact has been minimal to now non existant and the payments to support his wife and child have stopped three months ago...they do not believe it is because he is deceased as there has been occasional contact...it seems he has got cold feet about them coming over to live with him

the "friend" in question I am posting for is another farang who is in a relationship with the mother of Noi the wife and lives in Thailand his English is limited and has therefore asked me to post this on his behalf

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Has a DNA test be done to prove he is the Father, maybe he suspects the child is not his.

he is legally married to Noi,the marriage took place in Denmark and is he registered on the Thai birth certificate as the childs father...they had been living together as man and wife in Thailand..the child is an obvious luuk kreung so theres no possibility of some Thai b/f or husband in the background

1 hour ago, beano2274 said:

maybe the Danish guys thinks he is gonna be paying for her and her new Farang bf. Are they still legally married, as maybe Mr Danish has found out she is having a relationship, and knows she is now commiting adultery.

what are u talking about..the friend i am posting this for lives with Nois mother.....Noi is not seeing anybody else she is looking after his child and was anticipating joining him in Denmark

1 hour ago, Slartibardfast said:

what are u talking about..the friend i am posting this for lives with Nois mother.....Noi is not seeing anybody else she is looking after his child and was anticipating joining him in Denmark

Being away from the fella for a year now iam sure she has a scratch that needs to be itched.

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Point is readers. What if any course of action is there?

it seems the rest of the posters cant see past the possibility she is maybe seeing another man

lets rephrase it..what would u do if your legal husband had left u with his legally registered child and gone back to Denmark and was now leaving u destitute without any money?

11 minutes ago, Slartibardfast said:

it seems the rest of the posters cant see past the possibility she is maybe seeing another man

lets rephrase it..what would u do if your legal husband had left u with his legally registered child and gone back to Denmark and was now leaving u destitute without any money?

I'd go to the Danish Embassy as anything else will have zero result.

Edited by Don Mega

Contact a Danish child right organization or organization for woman and explain the situation in Denmark. They will give the best advice as to how to proceed.

The father has to pay maintenance, at least for the child. In this all, don't forget the child is a Danish citizen with its own rights. Including the right to be maintained by his parents.

I am Danish. Married with a thai, and living in Thailand. I am NOT a lawyer.

It would not make any differens what the Danish husbond might think. He has to support his Family. 

Hi can of cause file for a divorce in Denmark, but might still have to some extend have to support his wife, and will in any case have to support his child.

( The child is NOT Danish citizen, as stated by Preacher, bus otherwise his answer is also correct. )

She should contact the Danish embassy, in Bangkok, or direct using the link send above by Paul Catton.

As I have stated, I am not a lawyer or anything of the sort, but I can help you with any translation from Danish, regarding any forms.

As I see it, the only trouble can be, if the birth of the child is not registered in Denmark. But that can still be done, as the fathers name is on the birth certificate.

It might all take some paperwork, but it does mene a lot of money in all, from now until the child is 18 years old.

Sorry 'Preacher'. I stand corrected. As far as I knew, the childs mother had to be Danish, as the child is born outside Denmark.

It look like you are right, that the child can get Danish nationality as the father is Danish, and married to the mother.

I now think it is then ewen more impotent that the child get registered with the Danish embassy.

The child will then be able to have both Danish and a Thai pasport. 

On 02/02/2017 at 3:05 PM, Jorgendk said:

I am Danish. Married with a thai, and living in Thailand. I am NOT a lawyer.

It would not make any differens what the Danish husbond might think. He has to support his Family. 

Hi can of cause file for a divorce in Denmark, but might still have to some extend have to support his wife, and will in any case have to support his child.

( The child is NOT Danish citizen, as stated by Preacher, bus otherwise his answer is also correct. )

She should contact the Danish embassy, in Bangkok, or direct using the link send above by Paul Catton.

As I have stated, I am not a lawyer or anything of the sort, but I can help you with any translation from Danish, regarding any forms.

As I see it, the only trouble can be, if the birth of the child is not registered in Denmark. But that can still be done, as the fathers name is on the birth certificate.

It might all take some paperwork, but it does mene a lot of money in all, from now until the child is 18 years old.

I am heartened to read of your offer of assistance. A real good hearted human being ( I was going to say Christian but decided I could be wrong) well done sir, I applaud you.