SETV - best options for someone with lots of visa history

I work as a freelance consultant in Myanmar, but I am mainly based in Thailand.  I don't work in Thailand but prefer to live here than in Myanmar as it's more affordable and I love it here, and my short consultancy trips to Myanmar earn me enough to afford to live in Thailand. I didn't apply for the METV when I was last in my home country of the UK because I couldn't meet the requirements of 5,000GBP in UK bank account for 6 months before applying.  Due to work related travel over the past few months to the US, I've just been coming in on 30-day stamps (two back to back - I extended them both, the first time just so I wouldn't overstay by a couple of days when I flew to the US, the second one to stay in Thailand for the extra 30 days).  I will go on my next work trip to Myanmar when the Thai 30-day extension is up.  I was planning to apply for a SETV at the embassy in Yangon, but when I looked into it I saw this: http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/contents/files/services-20131029-105604-381364.pdf I won't be able to meet those requirements as I'm freelance, and I just don't have a conventional set-up.  Is it easier to go to Penang (where I've never applied for a Thai visa) to get an SETV?  I have a long Thai visa history in my passport, including an ED visa and various triple-entry tourist visas back in the day when that was possible, and W30 entry stamps. I'm not sure what to do for the best as there isn't really a visa that fits my circumstance.  The other option I am looking at is moving to Myanmar (for which I have a year-long business visa), and then travel to Thailand for shorter periods.  But I'd prefer to live in Thailand and travel for work.

Edited by Roonietoons
typo

I just got an SETV from Yangon this week:

In my opinion, a very good alternative to Penang. My passport is nearly full and my recent Thailand visa history goes back almost 10 years - Marriage/ED/Tourist/Visa Exempts. You should have no problem as long as you provide what they want.

14 hours ago, calbts2 said:

I just got an SETV from Yangon this week:

In my opinion, a very good alternative to Penang. My passport is nearly full and my recent Thailand visa history goes back almost 10 years - Marriage/ED/Tourist/Visa Exempts. You should have no problem as long as you provide what they want.

Thanks.  I just read your original post, very helpful, especially as I now know you have a similar Thailand visa history as my own.

Edited by Roonietoons

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That PDF file appears to mostly be for citizens of Myanmar. All you should need is what is listed under "Basic Documents required" on this page on embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/en/services/33445-Tourist-Visa.html  The remainder of the info on the page is intended to be for Myanmarians.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.