How much child support do you pay

USPatriot

I'm not just picking on you ...but I wonder ..when so many of you say this ...is that because in the past you dated women with children from other men, and they spent all their child support payments on YOU???

Hehe.. I wish that would have happened to me.. but fact is that I support my wife's daughter and therefore know how much is "needed" for a 12 year old including food, cloth, school (Thai school) transport etc.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 2/2/2017 at 4:59 PM, Deepinthailand said:

And that senario also plays out to mothers working 12 hr shifts in Panasonic and other factories. Or working in Bangkok in offices. Some people like yourself have no clue. Read all thai girls are money grabbers and hookers once probably on here and jump on the it must be true bandwagon.

You really have no clue

Probably he has only experienced bar girls and nothing more.

connda

I wont go into it in great detail,but i got full custody,care and control,because my wife was so unfit,it wasnt true,She wasnt even awarded supervised vistation rights.A rare case in those days.There was a government department brought out that dealt with payments from absent parents,i cant remember what it was called but it was three letters CPA or some such thing.They demanded that i should take support payments from my evil wife.I totally refused,even to the point where they said they would take me to court.I simply sent them a letter,detailing what my ex was capable of and her previous violent treatment of both me and my daughter.They recanted and i never took a penny from her. Unfortunate woman,her next husband murdered her (this is no bull shit,its all on google) it made the national papers for a few weeks.iam so glad that i never had anything to do with her after that,I even moved to the USA to get away from her.people whom have never had these problems with kids just dont understand.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, smotherb said:

Maybe you need to wake up; I never suggested any baht amount. I simply inferred you need to give as much as you can; after all, it's your child.  There is a significant difference in child support costs if you raise your children in the typical middle- to low-class Thai style than if you send them to international schools; provide health insurance for them; take them back to your home country for vacations; give them imported toys, cellphones, cars, scooters and clothes, etc.  Of course, it depends upon the father's ability to pay--some simply cannot pay as much. It's the low-life farang who has the funds, but tries to get away with as little as possible in support of his own child that I am against.  By the way, congrats to you; taking good care of step-children is a good thing--I know I had two step-fathers and I loved them both.

My wife is from a small village near Nakhon Phanom and I am not sure about international school in the area but my stepdaughter got married at 16,  in Dec '14(very stupid if you ask me) and I keep paying as she was never married.  She is in her first year at the University and I have been paying for everything.  She lives at home while her husband is supposedly working in Bangkok, I told my wife that anywhere in the world it's the husband's responsibility to take care of his wife, I didn't think that Thailand was different.  The boy is 14 year old and goes to school in Nakhon Phanom, apparently it is better but I wouldn't know.  I took my wife home 2 years in a row during the summer for a 9 and 8 week period.  I keep telling my wife that if I had more, I would give her more but they don't seem to be ever satisfied, my wife anyway.  When I first met her, she lived in a straw house, no windows, no running water and a mattress on the floor.  Now she has a 3 bedroom house, 2 land, a car, motorbike, internet, big TV, ect but it never seems to be enough.  I am retired with a meager pension and I give her everything I have, thankfully I have some savings but eventually the well will be running dry.  That is my story for the day, I hope you enjoy reading it and have a better understanding of my situation.

8 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

My wife is from a small village near Nakhon Phanom and I am not sure about international school in the area but my stepdaughter got married at 16,  in Dec '14(very stupid if you ask me) and I keep paying as she was never married.  She is in her first year at the University and I have been paying for everything.  She lives at home while her husband is supposedly working in Bangkok, I told my wife that anywhere in the world it's the husband's responsibility to take care of his wife, I didn't think that Thailand was different.  The boy is 14 year old and goes to school in Nakhon Phanom, apparently it is better but I wouldn't know.  I took my wife home 2 years in a row during the summer for a 9 and 8 week period.  I keep telling my wife that if I had more, I would give her more but they don't seem to be ever satisfied, my wife anyway.  When I first met her, she lived in a straw house, no windows, no running water and a mattress on the floor.  Now she has a 3 bedroom house, 2 land, a car, motorbike, internet, big TV, ect but it never seems to be enough.  I am retired with a meager pension and I give her everything I have, thankfully I have some savings but eventually the well will be running dry.  That is my story for the day, I hope you enjoy reading it and have a better understanding of my situation.

Wasn't referring to your particular situation. However, it appears you need to improve on your selection criteria for women.

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

Wasn't referring to your particular situation. However, it appears you need to improve on your selection criteria for women.

It's too late now, I am already married, it was my first time and it will be my last.  I'll never make that mistake again, today I realize how good I had it as a free bird but I guess I have a price to pay for my mistake. 

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

It's too late now, I am already married, it was my first time and it will be my last.  I'll never make that mistake again, today I realize how good I had it as a free bird but I guess I have a price to pay for my mistake. 

Well, if it hurts, don't do that. It seems never too late to change a bad relationship. Why stay in one you do not like?

While I agree some men prefer a free bird existence, others prefer a compatible relationship. The trick is to find a satisfying situation in which you can be happy. The burden, of course, is if you want a relationship, you have to ensure your partner is happy too.

• 2 months later...
On Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 11:40 PM, connda said:

The real question is: "How much child support did my wife never pay me as the custodial parent."  When I hear "Deadbeat Dad" I want to throw up.  And the state I lived in at the time did nothing.   Hypocritical. 

You're paying too much. 

Yeah, "deadbeat Dad" is sickening.

It is because men are supposed to take care of everything - that's our gender assigned role.

Women are priveleged, they don't want equal rights -they just want more priveleges.

Edited by FruitPudding

• 1 month later...

At this moment I am taking care of my 17month old girl.Without the mother as well.It is no fortune.After they get of the powder-food they do get by with less if they live in Isan.I did ask my good friend-taker and the ant of my girl what she wants but she said nothing,but I have stayed here for along time so I do have some idea.I do buy the diepers and the milk for everyday use and after that its just small stuff.You can all do the math.Have a good look in a normal store what things cost  and make up youre own mind what youre child is worth to you.Do you realy belive the right answer will pop up on an internet-page.....Get real.We are talking child here.Not ex -gilrlfriend/bloodsucker support.Then you can ad the figgures

Edited by Odin Norway

On 4/30/2017 at 4:29 PM, FruitPudding said:

Yeah, "deadbeat Dad" is sickening.

It is because men are supposed to take care of everything - that's our gender assigned role.

Women are priveleged, they don't want equal rights -they just want more priveleges.

Never had a woman who just wanted more privileges and was not willing to be an asset--must be your selection criteria; quit associating with only takers

• 2 weeks later...

First, to all the people complaining this is too much money to give their own kids? The reason you live in Thailand is because you have nothing, your income is nothing and you could not afford to pay it even if you wanted to. 25,000 baht is like US $800. If you cannot afford that you should look in the mirror at your own life.

Second, all the TV hypothesizer's coming out speculating on the woman, who they have never met or have no idea what kind of mother she is and no knowledge what she does with the money. Once again speculating all women are bad but never once looking in the mirror seeing the faults in themselves.

Sorry but if you are a grown man living in Thailand on US $1,000 a month, you are certainly no prize even if you think you are some big-shot handsum man.

Applaud the OP for doing something for his kids. Life is strange, we never know what can happen in the future. These kids might grow and become a part of his life; who knows?

Sad fact is a high majority or people living in Thailand, are not the cream of the crop or they wouldn't be just surviving there thinking they have all the answers, while ranting about not supporting their own kids.

Sick behavior to say the least. 

If you father a child in Thailand and you cannot make the relationship work out, take a good long look in the mirror. You are probably a complete A** and has always been that way your whole life. Loser!

You chose the woman, now blame yourself and not the kid if it didn't work out.

If you cannot support a kid because you cannot afford to or don't want to, your nothing but a loser no matter how handsum you think you are.

Only fear sorrow for the kids left behind from these dickh****