Nintendo Wii Games

Dylannin

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Wii games you can buy in Bangkok/Thailand can be played in the Nintendo Wii consoles sold in Switzerland/Europe too? Since games are so expensive in Switzerland I was wondering if I could buy some games in Bkk as I'll be there soon, but don't know if they can be played back in Switzerland.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Dylan

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Wii games you can buy in Bangkok/Thailand can be played in the Nintendo Wii consoles sold in Switzerland/Europe too? Since games are so expensive in Switzerland I was wondering if I could buy some games in Bkk as I'll be there soon, but don't know if they can be played back in Switzerland.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Dylan

check this post here

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Dylan

check this post here

That blog posting is incorrect and based on wrong information given out by a Nintendo employee before the Wii was even release. The Wii is NOT region free. American Wii games will not work on a Japanese, European, or UK Wii and vice versa. Most Wii games in BKK are American or Japanese, if they even sell European games they are going to be imports and more expensive than in Europe. You can see a video of someone testing a US Zelda on a Japanese Wii here. Doesn't work unfortunately. :o

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Dylan

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Dylan