Cambodia arrests Japanese man suspected in sex trafficking

geovalin

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) " Cambodian police have arrested a Japanese man and two Cambodians suspected of tricking Cambodian women into working in the sex trade in Japan.

A statement posted Monday on the Cambodian National Police website said Susumu Fukui, the 52-year-old owner of a Japanese restaurant in Phnom Penh, was arrested last week on suspicion of luring at least 10 women from provincial areas to work in Japan, ostensibly as well-paid waitresses, but then forcing them into the sex trade. Also arrested were his 28-year-old Cambodian wife and a 34-year-old male employee of the restaurant.

The website said the arrests followed the rescue of seven of the women by Japanese police after they secretly contacted the Cambodian Embassy in Tokyo. The women returned to Cambodia late last month.

source http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11795742

Many years ago almost all of the bars in Pattaya had really REALLY attractive girls working in them. Now they are as scarce as hen,s teeth, and I have long been of the impression that japanese and european  "talent scouts" are scouring the bars of Pattaya in search of the cream of the crop. All they have to do is make an offer that the girl cannot refuse, say 150,000 Bht per month, the tout knowing that they can get this back in one day back in Japan or wherever, and away they go, often to virtual slavery with their passports being held by the "management".

I am so happy to see these people go down......... and so many of them are women, so greedy for the almighty dollar (or Baht as the case may be)............ Every time I hear one of these stories I pray that "What goes around, comes around" and these black-hearted souls get what is coming to them...... 

I know of a friend of a Thai girl whose friend lured her to Bahrain similarly......... Now that girl in Bahrain is crying for help............ So sad..............

11 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Many years ago almost all of the bars in Pattaya had really REALLY attractive girls working in them. Now they are as scarce as hen,s teeth, and I have long been of the impression that japanese and european  "talent scouts" are scouring the bars of Pattaya in search of the cream of the crop. All they have to do is make an offer that the girl cannot refuse, say 150,000 Bht per month, the tout knowing that they can get this back in one day back in Japan or wherever, and away they go, often to virtual slavery with their passports being held by the "management".

The real problem the girls have is not the trafficking per say but not being paid.  

Japan ‘sex traffickers’ charged

Three suspects arrested on Saturday for trafficking women into sex slavery in Japan were all charged yesterday for their alleged involvement in the scheme, which one victim yesterday said had left her “deeply emotionally harmed”.

Ly Sophana, spokesman for the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, said that Fukui Susumu, 52; his Cambodian wife, Lim Leakena, 28; and Cambodian national Seng Chandy, 34, were all charged under Article 12 of the Anti-Trafficking Law, which states that human trafficking committed by an organised group carries a prison sentence of 15 to 20 years.

“Judge Leang Samnat has decided to put them in pre-trial detention,” said Sophana, who was unable to say when the trial would begin.

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 09/02