LED TV Repair

Valentine

Does anyone know someone who can visit & check my LG flat screen TV. Recently a large thunderclap directly overhead put paid to the picture & sound. Old style TV in the other room only lost the sound & we were able to get that going again after searching for a solution on the net. Both TVs were connected to cable so that must have been the path of destruction.

Really want to know if it is worth fixing. If a small amount then yes. Last year had to install a new motherboard. Upon opening the back there does not appear to be any damage.

Any contacts much appreciated by PM. Thx.

The trouble I found with LG is that even if you isolate the faulty part, they won't sell you another part unless you are an LG agent. At least that's what happened to me in Pattaya. So if you get someone there, who identified the fault, but is not an LG agent, they may not sell you the parts to fix it.
Just a guess, but have a look where the power comes in to the set, on the printed circuit board for a little black square about 1" x 1" and have a good check round there for any burning or brown smells.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Successfully repaired a Samsung LCD and an LG LED at a repair shop in a city centre in my case Buriram. The type of run down looking business with old washing machines piled up outside with old TV's inside. He had a network of similar contacts and got a refurbished board from Khon Kaen. Took a week though but maybe you get lucky like I did in your area.

We just stopped buying LG products because of their short working life with us anyway and the LG repair centres expensive quotes to repair TV's especially

Had a 43 inch plasma TV we were quoted approx 4K to fix in the basement of Big C, went back 3 weeks later to pick it up but it and about another 20 TVs had not been repaired because the Technician had gone to visit his family and they had no idea when he would be returning

Took it to the LG centre to have it repaired with the faulty part tapped to the back of the set, the technician said no problem he new what was wrong with it and to come back in 2 weeks

Went back the TV was still sitting there with the part tapped to the back and was told the screen needed replacing at a cost of 15K, our TV was about 2 years old and the same set was being sold as a run out model for 15,999 new 

This was the second near new LG  TV we have written of, now buy other brands and have no problems with them

I used to have an after hours tv repair business years ago, so when my LG broke down I ordered the circuit diagram and isolated the fault. Went to LG with the circuit and said I want that part, and the answer was no, they don't sell parts to non LG people. So had to take the Tv into the workshop. I left the cover off the Tv so they could just change the part. No can do, must bring all the Tv together and their technician would check it.

2 weeks later still not heard from LG and went to the shop and the Tv was still near where I left it, they hadn't touched it.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

LG Service Center is near the new bus terminal on Thepkasattri Road.

Not really sure why people are posting about Pattaya and Buriram!

"In my case Buriram" followed by "you may get lucky in your area" context is everything and I'm sure the OP will understand as we all try to pass on our experiences in finding solutions to our problems.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

LG Service Center is near the new bus terminal on Thepkasattri Road.

Not really sure why people are posting about Pattaya and Buriram!

Correct that is the service centre i am talking and complaining about about