Non-ED visa : can I reside where I want ?

Hi everyone, :)

I have a few questions about Non-ED visa (I stay in Thailand right now) :

- If my school stay in Phuket, do I need to have an address in Phuket too ? For the TM.30 form in particular and every 90 days report,

- What is the best embassy to make a Non-ED ? A place with no financial proof required.

Thanks everyone for your future answers.

You will have to live where you will be attending school. To meet the requirements to get extensions at immigration you have to attend classes 2 hours a day 4 days a week.

Once you have enrolled in a school and have the paper work from them to get a single entry non-ed visa. Penang Malaysia or Vientiane would be a good locations. I am not aware of any nearby location that ask for financial proof to get the visa.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang Malaysia or Vientiane would be a good locations. I am not aware of any nearby location that ask for financial proof to get the visa.

Okay thank you. :)

I have always heard in Malaysia I need to have a Permanent Residence. No need if I'm French ?

5 hours ago, beeyonder said:

3 months, and you have to go to immigration for have a 90 days extension for one year.

OK thanks.

As an ED Visa is a Non Imm type, do you know if you can go straight onto annual extensions of stay based on retirement with the required 800,000 in a Thai bank.

Asking on behalf of a friend who isn't 50 until December, but Imm are tying him over with an ED until then.

11 minutes ago, dentonian said:

OK thanks.

As an ED Visa is a Non Imm type, do you know if you can go straight onto annual extensions of stay based on retirement with the required 800,000 in a Thai bank.

Asking on behalf of a friend who isn't 50 until December, but Imm are tying him over with an ED until then.

It depends upon the immigration where it is applied for. Some offices will not allow a change of the reason for an extension based upon attending school to one for retirement.

• Like 1

On 9.2.2017 at 0:16 PM, beeyonder said:

3 months, and you have to go to immigration for have a 90 days extension for one year.

I was told today that your VISA is for 90 days and then you´d have to get an extension of stay every 2 (!) months! So is it now every 2 or 3 months? Really confused now....

Edited by DUS

Ubon Joe....is it not 2 hours 2 times a week ?  that is what I did previously .....then you go to Immigration after 90 days they give you 15 days extension and you go 2 hours a day for minimum 4 days a week over the 15 day period - go back to immigration with attendance sheet from the school and you get 75 more days ...then repeat 4 times in a year . Soi 5 Jomtien....maybe different elsewhere ?

In answer to the main question - you need copies of rental agreements, blue/yellow book of owner, photos of you in and outside the accommodation...etc. - The school keeps you right on this 

To save a large amount on the cost of the Visa - you have to apply outside Thailand i.e. Vientiane.

Edited by lonewolf99
missing text

12 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Ubon Joe....is it not 2 hours 2 times a week ?  that is what I did previously

As far as I know it is 2 hours a day 4 times a week that is the education ministry's requirement  to supply the documents required from them to get the non-ed visa an then extensions at immigration. That started when they increased the annual hours needed to 400 from 200.

I won't name the school - but the system I quoted is available in Jomtien and all paperwork was prepared by the school and it all went smoothly.

It gives you more free time except for the 2 week periods around the 90 day report. The school also organised the paperwork for when I wanted to go out

of the country and come back to continue on the ED visa.

Unlike some other people I was diligent and turned up as stated above and never had a problem and learnt a reasonable amount of reading and speaking skills.