The Worst Day.

Wilsonandson

When our dog died last year of complications from a tick bite.

Absolutely avoidable. 

The vet earlier did an x-ray, but no blood test.

At the time, we didn't know any better.

Shocking, as ticks (We have since learned) are a common and often virulently dangerous problem here. 

Of course I just spent 5 mins daydreaming on some of the other, but will stop at one ... 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Didn't know they did GCE exams in Thailand.

My worse day in Thailand was collapsing with Dengue fever the worst of the three strains.

You'll find there's actually 4 strains of dengue and I agree. When I got it when staying on Koh Phangan a few years ago, it was a bad day. In fact a few days in hospital were necessary in my case.

Learning that my bestest mate had committed suicide.

Having my dear little Mazda 626 written off.

Watching one of my cats die from being poisoned.

Having my red poodle stolen.

Seeing my wife break her heart because her papa died.

Learning that my wife's daughter was nothing but a thief,liar,and general scum bag.

Not doing the right thing,when i knew damned well, i was wrong.

19 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Worst day was when I had my life threatened and threats to kidnap my then young children at the same time as finding out my businesses had been stolen along with our home and other property and not knowing what an earth to do to protect us all. It hasn't got much better since with all the scamming cheating lawyers and others In Phuket with no justice after 7 years and my passport seized with several spurious criminal claims brought by the perpetrators desperate to accept no responsibility for their criminality. 

Yes-that must have been a terrible day-and the ramifications seem to be ongoing..best of luck to you.

What else can one say?

My wife was riding passenger with me on my Harley when a scooter with two young men came nearby and cut the strap of her handbag and made off with her purse. I chuckled to myself thinking they couldn't get away from me, so I would just catch up to them and kick their bike over and retrieve the purse  As I approached their bike the rider on the back pulled a gun and pointed it at me. Needless to say, I decided to let them have the purse. The reason it was such a bad day was not only being robbed and then threatened with a gun,  my wife had her US passport, her credit cards, several hundred US dollars, and several thousand baht in her purse. Adding to the hassle, we were going to the PI the next day, so now she had no passport, credit cards, or spending money and being Asian her passport would be great ID for using the credit cards for any Asian woman of similar features.

16 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Everyday is a bad day for me in Thailand, thank f.....I only stay for 5 months and it's 5 months too long.

Just wondering why the hell you would come? Or are you one of those ppl that just love been miserable so you have something to grumble about

2 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Just wondering why the hell you would come? Or are you one of those ppl that just love been miserable so you have something to grumble about

No I married a Thai lady 5 years ago, now I am committed, but if I ever divorce her, they will never see me again in this country.  I am a world traveler and there are many more interesting countries to visit.

On 2/11/2017 at 9:39 AM, timewilltell said:

Worst day was when I had my life threatened and threats to kidnap my then young children at the same time as finding out my businesses had been stolen along with our home and other property and not knowing what an earth to do to protect us all. It hasn't got much better since with all the scamming cheating lawyers and others In Phuket with no justice after 7 years and my passport seized with several spurious criminal claims brought by the perpetrators desperate to accept no responsibility for their criminality. 

One of my good fiends had a similar thing  happening to him in phuket, he had a good working Spa and lost everything thru corrupt officials and lawyers...

Edited by off road pat

being called at 2am by Mum and told my brother had just died. Motorbike. 28. Thanks for reminding me yo pr**k. This is supposed to be the fun and entertainment section.

I'll bet you're a right bundle of laughs on a night out.

being called at 2am by Mum and told my brother had just died. Motorbike. 28. Thanks for reminding me yo pr**k. This is supposed to be the fun and entertainment section.

I'll bet you're a right bundle of laughs on a night out.

Well instead of complaining why don't you write a thread.

25 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Well instead of complaining why don't you write a thread.

"Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life

Thailand is legendary for its entertainment, both traditional, and modern. Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Thailand. Because we live life to the fullest here!"

This thread needs moving to the miserable bastard section.

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If you married your ex missus you've only yourself to blame... I mean marrying her once .. okay fair enough.... but........ twice !!
emoji51.png

Sorry for my not perfect english.but i think you know what i mean, thats english
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa 

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, pumpuy said:

The day they killed Floyd , my ten year old dog and best friend , with Rat Poison in a resort restaurant . It took him 30 minutes to die in my arms , and he suffered horribly  , while thais have been standing aroung grinning and doing nothing . I took him with me from Europe , could not leave him alone after we decided to relocate to Thailand . His transport and all the papers alone did cost me about 100000 THB . He was old and friendly , a big dog that liked to sleep a lot , very relaxed and nice character . Some Thai a**hole decided to teach the farang a lesson ... I know who it was , but I got the " You have no proof it was me " story .

Proof or not I would sort out the scumbag  myself

On 2/11/2017 at 4:11 PM, pumpuy said:

The day they killed Floyd , my ten year old dog and best friend , with Rat Poison in a resort restaurant . It took him 30 minutes to die in my arms , and he suffered horribly  , while thais have been standing aroung grinning and doing nothing . I took him with me from Europe , could not leave him alone after we decided to relocate to Thailand . His transport and all the papers alone did cost me about 100000 THB . He was old and friendly , a big dog that liked to sleep a lot , very relaxed and nice character . Some Thai a**hole decided to teach the farang a lesson ... I know who it was , but I got the " You have no proof it was me " story .

"Some Thai a**hole decided to teach the farang a lesson "

But for what reason? Surely not just because you were a farang?

On 2/12/2017 at 8:11 PM, grollies said:

"Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life

Thailand is legendary for its entertainment, both traditional, and modern. Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Thailand. Because we live life to the fullest here!"

This thread needs moving to the miserable bastard section.

You urgently need a visit to a psychologist.

4 hours ago, ravip said:

You urgently need a visit to a psychologist.

You didn't read the thread in context did you, but thank you for your concern.:biggrin:

If you'd care to elaborate?

Edited by grollies