Australia aged pension

I had lived in Thailand for six years.i turned 65 in 2015.i returned to Aus for a holiday in 2015 and went along to Centrelink for a chat,knowing they would not give me the green light for my pension,but just thought I would test the water.already had been given some good advice on here from a few members so wasn't getting excited.told them all they needed to know.lodged proof of i/d etc etc.then after a month returned to Thailand.a day later I receive a message,aged pension will not be paid as I have left the country.they have a direct line to immigration.so as of October 2017 I departed Thailand for good to reside in Australia full time.visited Centrelink again supplied documents and waited and waited.more questions one after another I had no more answers for them.Finally today after over 4 months they phoned me.advising me they would pay me a reduced amount as I have money in the bank.yes my super I worked years for.they advised I would receive back monies for the 4 months.they then told me I can't leave the country for two years??not even for a few weeks,not a day?if I do my pension will cease immediately and I would have to go through the whole scenario again.grrrr. I am now a prisoner in my own country that I have worked for all my life.do any lads on here know if this is the norm for the two year ban?or can I contest this?

On 25/02/2017 at 10:31 AM, newatthis said:

Thanks for the link it is a bit involved,so I figure they are right in their decision.i left for Thailand in 2011 returned permanently oct 2016.worked all my life in Aus.so all up many years living in Aus.take care

On 27/02/2017 at 6:21 PM, maccastime said:

Thanks for the link it is a bit involved,so I figure they are right in their decision.i left for Thailand in 2011 returned permanently oct 2016.worked all my life in Aus.so all up many years living in Aus.take care

Like others have said, there is no shortcut, if you stick around for the 2 years prison sentence, you can leave once its up and you will receive the pension anywhere in the world you chose to live.

Good luck