Wife has job and income from me - Uk visitor visa

I would like my wife to apply for her visitor visa herself and not supported . Do you think this looks better to the Embassy staff or is the sponsor route easier ? It's only a two week trip.

She can get a letter from her employer saying she has a job to return to , I also put 20,000 in her bank every month to take care of the home she has 200,000 in savings. So she can supply bank statements showing both the money I give her and her salary.  Should I write a supporting letter saying she will pay for her own flight as she actually wants to but I will pay for any hotels and expenses while we are there  and that she will be changing up her own sterling . I guess most of the documents will be proving our relationship which is 6 years so loads of photos for them to see. It's not as straightforward as you would think it would be. Some great advice on here so any help would be great.

Few or no photographs. They specifically state that photographs are not required. If you do put them in leave them at the back and refer to them should the ECO consider it necessary.

The applicant has to show the visit is affordable and it really makes little difference how it is demonstrated as long as it is!

Any payments to her bank account need to be explained.

The value of an employers letter can vary especially if the length of the stay is longer than the normal Thai holidays.

It sounds from 'while we are there' that you are both resident in Thailand. If so document how you are resident etc.

If you both are settled and plan to remain settled in Thailand the application should not be overly difficult.

If you are a UK resident and she is in Thailand for a married couple this may be significantly tougher to explain and an ECO may be suspicious that the visit is an attempt to by-pass the immigration rules.

She is your wife and either travelling to the UK with you or to visit you (you don't say whether you live in Thailand with her or not).

If she is paying for any part of the trip herself she will need to provide her bank statements/book to show she can afford this. So she will have to explain where the 20,000 baht you put into her bank each month comes from.

Much easier to do, and far less likely to cause complications, if you sponsor her.

Though if you do live in the UK and she in Thailand then, as bobrussell says above, you will need to explain why this is so and satisfy the ECO that she is not attempting to use a visit visa to by pass the settlement rules and will leave the UK at the end of her visit.

On the other hand, if you live in Thailand with her then include evidence of this, including a copy of your passport and visa.

18 hours ago, madmonk888 said:

Should I write a supporting letter saying she will pay for her own flight as she actually wants to but I will pay for any hotels and expenses while we are there

Yes. As you are paying for part of the trip you also need to provide evidence of your ability to do so.

See Visitor: supporting documents guide for examples of what she should include; note that it says in Section 4 that photographs are not required unless specifically requested.

19 hours ago, madmonk888 said:

She can get a letter from her employer saying she has a job to return to

Bear in mind that the visa section may phone her employer to confirm this. If the letter is written in English they will expect to speak to the signatory in English, and will doubt the letter's authenticity if they are unable to do so. If written in Thai they will be happy to speak to the signatory in Thai. If in Thai you should include a certified English translation; as you should do with all documents not in English.

Have a read of the UKVI guidance Standard visitor visa. You may also find the pinned topic UK visit visa basics helpful.