Ao Nang headman set to be sacked as encroachment cases continue

rooster59

Ao Nang headman set to be sacked as encroachment cases continue

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7XDGK3ssC29kwMtvJ4osr0ejZGW.jpg

Image: Thairath

The kamnan of Ao Nang in Krabi could be removed from his position as authorities step up the resolution of long running encroachment cases.

The kamnan has been in the news in the last week as the representative of the long tail boat owners in the area who have been pressuring the national parks office to lower park fees for foreign tourists.

Yesterday a large contingent of park rangers, police and military men were in the area of Tonsai Bay in the Moo Koh Phi Phi area to look at the latest moves in nine separate encroachment cases.

The cases go back 16 years and are subject to slow movement in the courts. Four of the plots of land involved in the cases belong to the kamnan or headman of Ao Nang.

Now Thai Rath reported that measures are afoot to present evidence to the governor of Krabi about the kamnan's involvement in the local mafia that could result in his removal from his influential office.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-26

Sadly , I think the long tail men have a case .

Im under no illusions that they are moved to fight for the falangs pocket  for altruistic reasons .

They just obviously see a decline in 'bums on seats' on their boats .

Whether that is because of other factors ( like too higher 'seat'  prices on their part , a strong baht etc ) , I wont argue , but they  must hear regular objections to the Park Fees to be moved to protest in a current under some sort of military law.

Anyway , I think they will be quiet now.

Archived