Exhaust Putty - Available in Chiang Mai?

Formaleins

Been trying to find a tin of exhaust putty to seal a tailpipe on a motorbike (slightly different sizes of pipe - not holes). I see it on E bay and Amazon but the shipping is 3 times the price of the product.

I know that Wurth have products up here in Chiang Mai, but up to now I haven't been able to find exhaust putty.

If anyone knows anywhere around Chiang Mai that sells this stuff I would appreciate any help or info.

Thanks in advance.

4149794.jpg

Edited by Formaleins
Bad Spelling.

4 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

new /part exhaust fitted free   probably cheaper than  imported putty

Understand where you are coming from.

Not feasible, the exhaust that I want to seal is a custom tailpipe / muffler that slips on to the stock header. The custom is about 1mm too wide so chuffs a bit under high revs, I also need to be able to remove it FREQUENTLY to allow the stock tail pipe to be fitted for trips to the city where it would be liable to confiscation / destruction by the cops if it is not standard, but for day to day use out where I am the custom will be fitted.

Maybe a shim or similar would be a better idea? What about anyone selling exhaust bandages or some sort of space that can take up the differences?

Edited by Formaleins

3 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

high temp  silicon would work , and easier to get .

I never thought of that thanks! I have some of that stuff lying around, the high temperature RTV, good for about 600C.....

Thanks, I am going to give it a try - many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

I never thought of that thanks! I have some of that stuff lying around, the high temperature RTV, good for about 600C.....

Thanks, I am going to give it a try - many thanks.

welcome . make sure both surfaces are very clean and give them a wipe with solvent ,just for good measure :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sirmud63 said:

welcome . make sure both surfaces are very clean and give them a wipe with solvent ,just for good measure :thumbsup:

Cleaned and applied - Just waiting until tomorrow to see if it is sealed up - thanks for your help, a pretty good idea given the ease of cleaning and reapplying. I have a few tubes of the Threebond High temp RTV already and it is only about 70 Baht for a 150G tube so if it does the job it is perfect.

Edited by Formaleins

On 26/02/2017 at 5:59 PM, Formaleins said:

Understand where you are coming from.

Not feasible, the exhaust that I want to seal is a custom tailpipe / muffler that slips on to the stock header. The custom is about 1mm too wide so chuffs a bit under high revs, I also need to be able to remove it FREQUENTLY to allow the stock tail pipe to be fitted for trips to the city where it would be liable to confiscation / destruction by the cops if it is not standard, but for day to day use out where I am the custom will be fitted.

Maybe a shim or similar would be a better idea? What about anyone selling exhaust bandages or some sort of space that can take up the differences?

How about just not being an annoying (removed)out in the countryside?

Edited by CharlieH
Language removed