Retirement visa agent or go it alone

On 2/28/2017 at 1:42 PM, gojdthai2016 said:

Thanks ubonjoe actually i live in pattaya and do have the 800000 in the bank,is it possible do you think to get this immigrant O visa at jomtien ? 

On 2/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

8 hours ago, scotsman said:

Sorry but this is not true for everyone pattaya immigration will not give you a change of visa to a category-O unless you jump through so many hoops that they make nearly impossible to meet.

He asked if it was possible which it is. I did not say it would be easy.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He asked if it was possible which it is. I did not say it would be easy.

When we asked for advice on this subject it was given in a way that yes you can do it here just make sure you have at least 16 days left on your tourist visa and the requirements are what is stated online in Bangkok. Well the reality is that in Pattaya immigration the requirements are not the same and the lady will not tell you her requirements when you ask her she is very rude and dismissive. You have to be a mind reader to know as they get added on every time you meet the ones she asked for in the first application meeting.  

Frustrating

Regards

Scotsman     

8 hours ago, Ubonquest said:

Savannakhet can do the change from STV to non-o now? I thought it was only in Vientiane. Does anyone know if very recently, Vientiane still asks for the police clearance and the medical record?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It is not really a change at a embassy or consulate since you have no valid visa or entry when you apply for a single entry non-o visa.

Vientiane is no go at this time after reports of them wanting a medical and police certificates.

Savannakhet will do one but if using the 800k baht for financial proof they want proof your are retired.  Proof of a pension or a income letter from your embassy will satisfy them. If using the 65k baht income for proof it is not problem to get the visa.

On 02/03/2017 at 1:49 PM, buick said:

not a big deal, i'll go to the bangkok bank at CW if i need to (i'm sure they know more about this than my home branch).  just wondered if anyone knows how they determine the funds come from outside thailand ?

There is no such requirement for a retirement extension. Any money will do, as long as you can show that it is here, in your name and available for your use. They dont care where it came from.

As far as I know the only requirement for origin of funds relates to condo purchase.

28 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

There is no such requirement for a retirement extension. Any money will do, as long as you can show that it is here, in your name and available for your use. They dont care where it came from.

As far as I know the only requirement for origin of funds relates to condo purchase.

It is a requirement to apply for a non immigrant visa at CW. They want that since there is no seasoning required to apply for the visa.

Not needed for the the extension is correct.

• Like 1

Couple of questions

AT CW earliest you can apply is 45 days before expiration date? (want to do before Songkran - expires 5/5 and do April 11th 90 day report at same time)

Are they still requiring the 'Personal Information' form (if they ever consistently were) - would prefer to fill in in advance if a requirement.

TIA

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Are they still requiring the 'Personal Information' form (if they ever consistently were) - would prefer to fill in in advance if a requirement.

I have not seen any recent posts of them wanting one. It has beens several months since it was even mentioned.

Hello guys...newbie here and a thick one at that!

I am a happily married to a Thai lady (25 years now)and in an ideal world I would like to take early retirement and see out my days in Thailand as opposed to the UK.

I work for a large UK company...with a moderate pension scheme...and I have savings/property here in the uk.(Not huge amounts)!!

Its just the criteria for getting a visa I find confusing as I hear that many different things from people here in the UK.

Is there such a thing as a one year retirement visa or even longer?

How much do I need in the bank (Thai) to help me hopefully get some sort of visa?

What do I need to bring with me from the UK?(And do I need it translated)?

I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination...just a working class bloke who would like to spend his last years in a warm climate as opposed to freezing my n.ts off here in good old Blighty.

I haven't got a clue as this post proves when it comes to Visas related matters in Thailand so please excuse my obvious ignorance and lack of knowledge in these matters.

I can never understand why people pay an agent.

If you can follow the simple instructions and are patient (to wait in the queue), then do it yourself.

If you have something to hide, don't have the money, or have so much money you want to bypass the queue, then use an agent.

10 hours ago, clashpie said:

I am a happily married to a Thai lady (25 years now)and in an ideal world I would like to take early retirement and see out my days in Thailand as opposed to the UK.

You can easily get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai in the UK with no financial proof. Or a multiple entry non-o visa that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year at the embassy in London with no financial proof.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income by way of a income letter from the UK embassy.