Got Any Unwanted Photo Gear?

Greenside

Chiang Mai Photographic Group- is holding a photo flea market at River Market on March 8th starting at 6pm.  CMPG members and others will be bringing along an assortment of cameras and accessories to sell or swap and you're welcome to come along if you are looking to make a change or sell any items you no longer use.

Current highlights include a Leica C, a Canon 7D, and 5D Mk III, an almost new 50 Ltr Dry Box, Canon Speedlite, some external hard drives and all manner of other bits and pieces.

Cameras.jpg

No, it won't look quite as great as the picture but I live in hope....

River Market Restaurant is next to the old Iron Bridge.  If you want space on a table to sell your stuff please send me a PM so I know how many are coming.

Theres a facebook group called "second hand chiang mai" which encourages individuals to sell past it unwanted junk for higher prices than the stuff is worth. This sounds like a live version of the same theme. If you think its old and past it, it probably is, buy new from Amazon or similar, then its guaranteed too!

Theres a facebook group called "second hand chiang mai" which encourages individuals to sell past it unwanted junk for higher prices than the stuff is worth. This sounds like a live version of the same theme. If you think its old and past it, it probably is, buy new from Amazon or similar, then its guaranteed too!

I have a Fuji camera in new condition and minimal usage but can't get to Chiangmai. If anyone down around Phayao or Chun is interested let me know.
4546ad34091e86e9a544df5fcc94254e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

Can someone help to put the google map to show us the location? I have a Nikon D600 and some Nikon lens to sell also, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=33-12+Charoen+Prathet+Rd.%2C+Chiang+Mai%2C+th

If you want space on a table please send me a PM so we know how many to prepare for.

12 hours ago, EL159 said:

Well, it only took you 67 posts to pick up the prevailing cynical attitude to almost everything around here :smile:

I grant you that the locals do tend to value secondhand items above what many people expect (vehicles are a particular case in point) but there are still good buys to be made and, as far as photographic equipment goes, there are numerous shops around town where you can check out new and used prices and see what's available. 

Incidentally, if you decide to order a new camera from Amazon please post and let us know about the import duty, handling charges and any customs hassles you encountered.

26 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Well, it only took you 67 posts to pick up the prevailing cynical attitude to almost everything around here :smile:

I grant you that the locals do tend to value secondhand items above what many people expect (vehicles are a particular case in point) but there are still good buys to be made and, as far as photographic equipment goes, there are numerous shops around town where you can check out new and used prices and see what's available. 

Incidentally, if you decide to order a new camera from Amazon please post and let us know about the import duty, handling charges and any customs hassles you encountered.

Sorry, Greenside, youre unfortunately the recipient of my annoyance following a recent bad experience in the Chiang Mai second hand market.....good luck with the day, at least with this you can come along and check out if its working, etc etc. By the way, if I use Amazon I get stuff delivered to an address in my home Country then pick it up when I visit. Certainly wouldnt buy something like a camera and expect it to arrive here without a problem!

I have an original 1968 Konica C35 snapshot camera that belonged to my grandfather, in perfect working order with it`s original flash and booklet instructions. But of course there is probably nowhere to buy film or have the film developed for this camera any more.

Wonder if it has any value as a collectors item?

konica c35.jpg

Actually you can buy film and get some types processed here in town.  Khun Pop at Photobug can steer you in the right direction (or you could come along to a CMPG meeting and someone there will probably know).

Today's additions:

• Epson PhotoStylus 2200 A3 printer
  • A monopod and lightweight tripod
  • A Canon FD 135mm lens (not sure if he means the f2.5 or f2.8).  It's an old manual lens with an adapter to fit the EF mount but I see someone using it on a Sony camera (with a different adapter of course)

And a few more to add to the party:

• Deawa professional tripod/w case
  • Slik tripod /w case
  • Impact Quickstik monopod
  • Sunpak Quick release Kingjue pro Ball Head
  • Lowepro camera bag
  • Various lens cases

Just a couple more days to go!

I'm discovering that it takes some time to dig out and prepare things to sell - a bit of a cleanup and making sure that any batteries are charged are about the minimum so if you're planning to come get on it now!  In the meantime, here are some more items we're expecting:

• DawnTech GPS modules for Nikon (2)
  • Diskless Synology DS210j NAS (Network Attached Storage) in very good condition. Runs perfectly. It was ran as a Raid 1 so that it backed up via Time Machine.  Comes with the NAS, power cords, and a CAT 5 cable to plug into your router. All you need to do is add disks in the size you need.
  • Small Metz 24 AF-1 flash for Nikon.
  • Canon 270EX Speedlite

Also, Photobug will be sending the guy who manages their used equipment department with some of their current items and they may be out to buy as well.

Archived