Where Do They Come From?....

kankaroo

Walking down Silom road heading towards Lumphini Park earlier today I saw a tourist who had obviously got off at the wrong bus stop as he was either looking for the jungle, or possibly Khao San Road.

Out he steps into the wilds of BKK, dreadlocks, moth eaten apparel, backpack big enough for 3 people, NO shoes- completely barefoot and -wait for it- a large rambo type hunting knife! Obviously Thais were staring in bemusement and possibly a little but of fear at this strange creature when all of a sudden the reason for the hunting knife became apparent, he whips out a mango and proceeds to hack at it as he walks along the street.

I just watched this idiot and wondered to myself -where do these people come from, where do they go :o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife asks me the same question.

She thinks it is funny that so many farangs she sees have a huge back pack and look like jesus.

she says "why so many farang kii nok?"

A always wondered why you have these back packing idiots wanting to go native....

From the first day you see them walking around in wide silks and barefoot as if they were a yoga teacher or something.

Besides a question for all the people who have Dreadlocks...

Do you guy's have jobs ???? and if so , which ones? Building houses, teaching, biz ?

Just wondered to see some dreadlock rasta in a business meeting :o

Walking down Silom road heading towards Lumphini Park earlier today I saw a tourist who had obviously got off at the wrong bus stop as he was either looking for the jungle, or possibly Khao San Road.

Out he steps into the wilds of BKK, dreadlocks, moth eaten apparel, backpack big enough for 3 people, NO shoes- completely barefoot and -wait for it- a large rambo type hunting knife! Obviously Thais were staring in bemusement and possibly a little but of fear at this strange creature when all of a sudden the reason for the hunting knife became apparent, he whips out a mango and proceeds to hack at it as he walks along the street.

I just watched this idiot and wondered to myself -where do these people come from, where do they go :o

lol.. comedy, save the trees man!

davethailand Posted on Mon 2004-05-03, 16:09:38

they should be confined to koh samet or phi phi where they can act out scenes from the beach, braid their hair, smoke weed and talk about what a dreadful place the world is.

Its a free world, live and let live. Not everyone wants to go to Pervert City and buy a wife.

Sad Tosser.

they should be confined to koh samet or phi phi where they can act out scenes from the beach, braid their hair, smoke weed and talk about what a dreadful place the world is. 

Its a free world, live and let live.  Not everyone wants to go to Pervert City and buy a wife.

Sad Tosser.

And, for that illuminating post, duckthai, you get the assclown award for today! :o

assclownaward.jpg

Its a free world, live and let live. Not everyone wants to go to Pervert City and buy a wife.

Sad Tosser.

free world, free speech, free money, free time................ nothings free, get a job!

Boon Mee Posted on Mon 2004-05-03, 18:19:42

QUOTE (Duckthai @ Mon 2004-05-03, 06:14:06)

Its a free world, live and let live.  Not everyone wants to go to Pervert City and buy a wife.

Sad Tosser.

And, for that illuminating post, duckthai, you get the assclown award for today! 

duckthai actually made a reasonable point, but he then alienated himself insulting a good portion of this board who are married to thais.

Such people are mooching about the world over doing there "finding themselves" stuff, they tend to be young and are experimenting with life. It may look foolish to the rest of us, but they are not doing any harm are they? give em a year or 2 and they'll go home and get jobs, and have a lifetime of "normality ahead of them.

Boon Mee

You sad misguided Tosser, here everynight with ridiculous comments, the majority of which has no bearing to the Posting whatsoever. Stick your award where the sun dont shine, nobody gives a toss. GET A LIFE.

Sad Tosser.

ThaiDuck

Why sign your post 'Sad Tosser"

Don't put yerself down so mate...

And by the way, get a bluddy hair cut!

Bash

Boon Mee Posted on Mon 2004-05-03, 18:19:42

QUOTE (Duckthai @ Mon 2004-05-03, 06:14:06)

Sad Tosser.

And, for that illuminating post, duckthai, you get the assclown award for today! 

duckthai actually made a reasonable point, but he then alienated himself insulting a good portion of this board who are married to thais.

Such people are mooching about the world over doing there "finding themselves" stuff, they tend to be young and are experimenting with life. It may look foolish to the rest of us, but they are not doing any harm are they? give em a year or 2 and they'll go home and get jobs, and have a lifetime of "normality ahead of them.

hey BWP, Basher said you would be joining us ......... wdw.

your right mate, but how about the 40+ dudes?

Water comes from the sky, although not free everywhere, In this magic country I see people who have a little, some a lot and most just a bit, all are clean, happy and beautiful people, we as farangs could learn a lot from these wonderful people, and yes most of these farang backpacking people have wondered the world, get a good wash and presnt yourselves in a clean and respectable manner.

Sad Tosser.

ANOTHER NARROW MINDED PRICK,

I agree that backpackers with the dreads and the flamboyance should be able to enjoy Thailand as well as anyone. On a thread on this forum last year it was demonstrated that backpackers actually contribute more to the LOCAL economy than first class tourists as they penetrate areas with no facilities that would not see much trade otherwise...usually so that they can brag to others about the remote places that they have been...but, so what.

We were all young once...give the kids a break...

duckthai...you are the antithesis of the above with your phobic ravings about old men and whores...not good...

I agree that backpackers with the dreads and the flamboyance should be able to enjoy Thailand as well as anyone. On a thread on this forum last year it was demonstrated that backpackers actually contribute more to the LOCAL economy than first class tourists as they penetrate areas with no facilities that would not see much trade otherwise...usually so that they can brag to others about the remote places that they have been...but, so what.

We were all young once...give the kids a break...

duckthai...you are the antithesis of the above with your phobic ravings about old men and whores...not good...

Tutsibackpacker

I thought you had got a job and were leaving for a few months??

Did it not come off?

Bash

Bigwetpatch,

I concur, it was a reasonable point to make. However, there are people here who are married to educated Thais that were not bar girls. And the places are on the seedy side...

Just because a person doesnt like the idea of being married to a bar girl, doesnt make him a narrow minded prick. ######, if that were true, you'd have to call most Thai men that.